Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
2. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
(a) Union League.
(b) Suffragists United.
(d) National Civil Liberties Union.
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
5. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garvey was able to raise a new race _____________ with his organization.
2. ___________ in the United States shouldered the burden of industrial development.
3. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
4. Newspapers, handbills, and pamphlets played a prominent role in disseminating information about emigration to ________ blacks.
5. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)