Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
2. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Freed people.
(c) Church leaders.
(d) Slave owners.
3. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Ritual gifting.
(c) Good behavior.
(d) Sexual favors.
4. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
5. What is NOT one of the places where blacks considered emigrating?
(b) Latin America.
Short Answer Questions
1. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
2. Emigration sentiment seemed to be most powerful in areas where freed people labored on ____________.
3. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
4. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
5. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)