Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
(d) African American.
2. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
(a) Abolition Movement.
(c) Civil War.
3. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(d) Work gangs.
4. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
5. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
(a) Confederate Government.
(b) Patrol System.
(c) Slave gangs.
(d) Republican Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
2. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
3. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
4. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
5. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)