|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
2. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(a) All whites.
(b) Slave holders.
3. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
4. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
5. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Freed people.
(b) Slave owners.
(d) Church leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
2. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
3. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
4. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
5. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)