Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
2. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
3. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
4. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
5. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Fugitive slave.
(b) Bounty hunter.
(c) Slave punishment.
(d) Freed slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
2. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
3. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
5. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)