|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(b) Ritual gifting.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Good behavior.
2. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
3. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(d) African Americans.
4. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(a) White groups.
(c) Voting rules.
5. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(b) Voting rights.
(c) Free time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
2. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
3. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
4. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
5. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)