Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(b) The KKK.
2. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Freed slave.
(b) Bounty hunter.
(c) Slave punishment.
(d) Fugitive slave.
5. Some black leaders, while sympathetic, were hesitant to support and to endorse ___________.
(c) Landowner law changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lynchings were rare in areas where a community had been created and where there was some local __________.
2. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
3. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
4. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
5. Emigration sentiment seemed to be most powerful in areas where freed people labored on ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)