Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(c) North Carolina.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Democratic Party.
(b) Confederate Army.
(c) Big House.
(d) Republican Party.
3. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
4. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(d) Voting laws.
5. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
2. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
4. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
5. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)