|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
2. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
5. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
2. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
3. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
4. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
5. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)