|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
2. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(a) South Carolina.
3. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
4. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
5. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
2. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
3. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
4. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
5. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)