Prologue Looking Out From Slavery
1. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) East Coast.
(b) West Coast.
(c) Urban North.
(d) Rural South.
2. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
3. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
4. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(b) Be free.
(c) Get married.
(d) Own land.
6. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(d) Time periods.
7. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(b) African Americans.
This section contains 3,560 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)