Objective: Hahn's book focuses on the idea that the African Americans have contributed much to the struggle of politics in the country. Today's objective is to discuss the views of students in relation to the power and influence of African Americans.
1. Have each student make a list of African American influences in their life so far.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think African Americans have had more or less influence on their lives than Caucasians. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss why they think African Americans are considered to have so much influence on the political structure of the country. How does this particular group of people affect those around them politically?
4. Homework: Have each student research to find out how many African American politicians there are currently in the local area.
5. Homework: Have students decide whether they think...
This section contains 5,512 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)