|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pascin die?
2. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
3. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
4. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
5. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
2. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
3. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
4. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
5. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
6. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
7. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
8. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
9. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
10. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Hemingway's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Hemingway and Hadley change throughout the course of this book, and how do these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hemingway's writing change over the course of his life, and what caused these changes?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)