|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
2. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
3. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
4. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
5. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the people who are involved in those moments?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Hemingway and Hadley change throughout the course of this book, and how do these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Hemingway's life and why?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)