|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
2. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
3. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
4. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
5. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the people who are involved in those moments?
Essay Topic 2
How did Hemingway's writing change over the course of his life, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)