|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
2. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
3. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
4. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
5. What does Walsh die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
2. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
3. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
4. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
5. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
6. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
7. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
8. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
9. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
10. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hemingway's writing change over the course of his life, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Bel Esprit, and why was Pound so invested in its creation? How did Pound's involvement in the Bel Esprit affect Hemingway's life, and his relationship with Ezra Pound?
Essay Topic 3
What was Hemingway's preferred writing process, and how did he come to create this process?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)