|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
2. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
3. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
4. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
5. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
Essay Topic 1
Hemingway and Pond were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their careers, their family, and their role in each other's lives?
Essay Topic 2
What happens when Fitzgerald dies, and what significance does this have on Hemingway's life? Who is involved in the tragedy there, and what does this monumental event mean to Hemingway?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the defining moments in Hemingway's friendship with Fitzgerald, and how did these moments affect Hemingway's life?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)