|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
2. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
3. What causes the strange transformation in Fitzgerald when Hemingway first meets him?
4. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
5. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
2. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
3. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
4. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
5. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
6. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
7. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
8. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
9. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
10. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hemingway endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the defining moments in Hemingway's friendship with Fitzgerald, and how did these moments affect Hemingway's life?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)