|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
2. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
3. What is Dunning's occupation?
4. What does Walsh hate being called?
5. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
2. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
3. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
4. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
5. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
6. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
7. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
8. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
9. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
10. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the defining moments in Hemingway's friendship with Fitzgerald, and how did these moments affect Hemingway's life?
Essay Topic 2
Hemingway endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people are most affected by this?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)