|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
2. What does Hemingway say heightens his perception of the paintings in the museum?
3. How does Ford say Hemingway looks when he sits with him at the cafe?
4. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hemingway say would make his story about the interrupter more interesting?
2. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman and Hemingway is not?
3. What kind of racing does Mike say he prefers, and why?
4. Who does Stein say belongs to the Lost Generation?
5. How does Hemingway lose his stories?
6. How does Hemingway feel about Stein's writing?
7. What does Hemingway do to make his stories more poetic?
8. How does Hemingway say Sylvia Beach treated him?
9. Why does Hemingway feel comfortable in his state of poverty?
10. How does finishing a story make Hemingway feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Fitzgerald dies, and what significance does this have on Hemingway's life? Who is involved in the tragedy there, and what does this monumental event mean to Hemingway?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Hemingway and Hadley showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Hemingway and Hadley change throughout the course of this book, and how do these changes affect the people around them?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)