|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
2. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
3. What is Hillaire Belloc's occupation?
4. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
5. Why is Hemingway often hungry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
2. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
3. Where does Hemingway do a lot of his writing?
4. How does Hemingway say Sylvia Beach treated him?
5. How does Hemingway feel about Stein's writing?
6. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
7. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
8. How does Hemingway lose his stories?
9. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
10. How do two of Hemingway's stories survive?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four people and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
How did Hemingway's writing change over the course of his life, and what caused these changes?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)