|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Stein drive?
2. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
3. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
4. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
5. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
2. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
3. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
4. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
5. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
6. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
7. How does Stein think Hemingway views homosexuals?
8. Why is Hemingway writing about Michigan while he is in Paris?
9. Where do the booksellers find most of the English books they sell?
10. Why does Ford get mad at the waiter from the cafe?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Hemingway and Hadley showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Hemingway's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hemingway's writing change over the course of his life, and what caused these changes?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)