Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
2. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
3. What is Hillaire Belloc's occupation?
4. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
5. Why is Hemingway often hungry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
2. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
3. Where does Hemingway do a lot of his writing?
4. How does Hemingway say Sylvia Beach treated him?
5. How does Hemingway feel about Stein's writing?
6. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
7. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
8. How does Hemingway lose his stories?
9. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
10. How do two of Hemingway's stories survive?
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people are most affected by this?
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Hemingway's life altered because of these incidents?
Alice was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Hemingway's life. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered Hemingway's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)