Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
2. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
3. What is Hillaire Belloc's occupation?
4. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
5. Why is Hemingway often hungry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
2. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
3. Where does Hemingway do a lot of his writing?
4. How does Hemingway say Sylvia Beach treated him?
5. How does Hemingway feel about Stein's writing?
6. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
7. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
8. How does Hemingway lose his stories?
9. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
10. How do two of Hemingway's stories survive?
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the people who are involved in those moments?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Hemingway and Hadley showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Fitzgerald dies, and what significance does this have on Hemingway's life? Who is involved in the tragedy there, and what does this monumental event mean to Hemingway?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)