|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
2. What does Ezra give Hemingway a jar of before he leaves town?
(a) Silver dust.
3. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
4. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) Hemingway's house.
5. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
(b) His wife is there.
(c) He sees a woman he has desired.
(d) He sees the man he insulted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
2. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
3. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
4. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
5. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
2. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
3. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
4. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
5. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
6. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
7. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
8. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
9. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
10. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)