|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
2. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Media people.
3. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
(a) He falls off a cliff.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) An avalanche.
4. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
(a) His wife is in the hospital.
(b) He has a sick friend.
(c) He had an important meeting.
(d) He was drunk.
5. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) T. S. Elliot.
(c) D. H. Lawrence.
(d) Ezra Pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
2. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
3. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
4. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
5. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
2. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
3. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
4. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
5. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
6. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
7. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
8. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
9. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
10. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)