|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
(a) The bars.
(b) The race tracks.
(c) The book store.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
3. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He falls off a cliff.
(d) An avalanche.
4. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is his elder.
(b) He is an influential publisher.
(c) He is a great writer.
(d) He is Ezra's friend.
5. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(a) The next door neighbor.
(b) The maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
2. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
3. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
4. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
5. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
2. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
3. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
4. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
5. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
6. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
7. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
8. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
9. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
10. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)