|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Hemingway's house.
2. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Having a high population.
(b) Never being lonely.
(c) Being immersed in culture.
(d) Having time to read.
3. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
4. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He has cheated on Zelda often.
(b) He wants Zelda to die.
(c) He thinks he might be gay.
(d) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
5. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) Hemingway's house.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A museum.
(d) Ezra Pound's studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
2. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
3. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
4. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
5. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
2. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
3. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
4. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
5. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
6. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
7. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
8. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
9. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
10. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)