|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
(a) Good conversation.
(b) Voracious reading.
(c) Making love.
(d) Hiking and skiing.
2. What is Dunning's occupation?
3. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
(a) The attic.
(b) The clock tower.
(c) The roof.
(d) The weather vane.
4. What does Stein call her companion?
5. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) He has been dreaming about this.
(b) Walsh is a conman.
(c) He does not deserve it.
(d) It is about time someone recognized him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
2. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
3. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
4. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
5. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
2. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
3. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
4. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
5. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
6. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
7. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
8. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
9. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
10. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)