|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
2. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) An angelic being.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A skeleton.
3. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
(b) A fire poker.
(c) A stack of books.
4. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
(a) The beginning of the end.
(b) The infiltration.
(c) The other thing.
(d) The change.
5. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) Pounds' studio.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Stein's ballroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walsh die from?
2. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
3. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
4. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
5. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
2. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
3. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
4. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
5. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
6. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
7. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
8. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
9. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
10. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)