|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He wants Zelda to die.
(b) He has cheated on Zelda often.
(c) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
(d) He thinks he might be gay.
2. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) T. S. Elliot.
(c) D. H. Lawrence.
(d) Ezra Pound.
3. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
(a) Her husband's lovers.
(b) Her husband's work.
(c) Her husband's intellect.
(d) Her husband's friends.
4. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
(a) It is slow to progress.
(b) It is too commercial.
(c) It is repetetive.
(d) It is so somber.
5. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) Stein's ballroom.
(d) Pounds' studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
2. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
3. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
4. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
5. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
2. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
3. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
4. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
5. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
6. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
7. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
8. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
9. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
10. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)