|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
(a) He was flirting with other women.
(b) He wanted to leave early.
(c) He wrote the entire time.
(d) He would not drink.
2. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
3. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(a) The next door neighbor.
(c) The maid.
4. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
5. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
2. What does Walsh die from?
3. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
4. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
5. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
2. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
3. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
4. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
5. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
6. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
7. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
8. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
9. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
10. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)