|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is Ezra's friend.
(b) He is his elder.
(c) He is an influential publisher.
(d) He is a great writer.
2. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) He asks about Paris culture.
(b) He compliments Hemingway's work.
(c) He asks Hemingway's opinion on his own writing.
(d) He tries to set Hemingway up with a girl.
3. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
(a) The change.
(b) The infiltration.
(c) The other thing.
(d) The beginning of the end.
4. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
5. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
(a) Making love.
(b) Good conversation.
(c) Voracious reading.
(d) Hiking and skiing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
2. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
3. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
4. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
5. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)