|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(d) New York.
2. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A museum.
(c) Ezra Pound's studio.
(d) Hemingway's house.
3. What does Ezra give Hemingway a jar of before he leaves town?
(c) Silver dust.
4. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is a great writer.
(b) He is his elder.
(c) He is Ezra's friend.
(d) He is an influential publisher.
5. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walsh hate being called?
2. What does Stein call her companion?
3. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
4. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
5. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)