|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
2. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) A book to read.
(b) The opium.
(c) Some sedatives.
(d) The silver dust.
3. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Primary Cafes.
(b) The Primitive Cafes.
(c) The Principal Cafes.
(d) The Primeval Cafes.
4. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Direct honesty.
(c) A critique.
5. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
(a) It is slow to progress.
(b) It is repetetive.
(c) It is too commercial.
(d) It is so somber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
2. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
3. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
4. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
5. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
2. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
3. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
4. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
5. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
6. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
7. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
8. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
9. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
10. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)