|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
(a) The roof.
(b) The weather vane.
(c) The attic.
(d) The clock tower.
2. What does Stein call her companion?
3. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
4. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
5. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
2. What does Walsh hate being called?
3. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
4. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
5. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
2. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
3. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
4. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
5. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
6. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
7. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
8. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
9. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
10. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)