|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(a) Off color.
2. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
(b) His wife is there.
(c) He sees the man he insulted.
(d) He sees a woman he has desired.
3. What is Dunning's occupation?
4. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(c) New York.
5. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
(a) He has a sick friend.
(b) He had an important meeting.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) His wife is in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walsh hate being called?
2. Where does Hemingway hide the jar that Ezra gives him when he leaves town?
3. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
4. What does Walsh die from?
5. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
2. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
3. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
4. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
5. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
6. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
7. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
8. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
9. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
10. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)