|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
2. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
(a) Her husband's work.
(b) Her husband's friends.
(c) Her husband's intellect.
(d) Her husband's lovers.
3. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(b) The maid.
(d) The next door neighbor.
4. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) D. H. Lawrence.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) T. S. Elliot.
5. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Having time to read.
(b) Being immersed in culture.
(c) Never being lonely.
(d) Having a high population.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
2. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
3. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
4. What does Walsh die from?
5. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
2. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
3. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
4. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
5. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
6. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
7. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
8. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
9. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
10. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)