|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Ezra Pound's studio.
(c) A museum.
(d) Hemingway's house.
2. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) A book to read.
(b) The opium.
(c) The silver dust.
(d) Some sedatives.
3. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He deeply admired them.
(b) He found them young and ignorant.
(c) He did not respect them.
(d) He found them old and boring.
4. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(b) Direct honesty.
(c) A critique.
5. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
2. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
3. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
4. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
5. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
2. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
3. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
4. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
5. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
6. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
7. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
8. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
9. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
10. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)