|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway find odd about Fitzgerald's body?
(a) His feet are small.
(b) His head is large.
(c) His arms are long.
(d) His legs are short.
2. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He wants Zelda to die.
(b) He thinks he might be gay.
(c) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
(d) He has cheated on Zelda often.
3. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
(b) Hotel room.
4. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Primary Cafes.
(b) The Principal Cafes.
(c) The Primitive Cafes.
(d) The Primeval Cafes.
5. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(a) The maid.
(b) Another friend.
(d) The butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
2. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
3. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
4. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
5. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
2. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
3. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
4. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
5. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
6. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
7. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
8. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
9. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
10. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)