|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(d) Off color.
2. What causes the strange transformation in Fitzgerald when Hemingway first meets him?
(b) Lack of sleep.
(d) Lack of food.
3. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(a) The maid.
(c) The next door neighbor.
4. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
(a) A church.
(b) A museum.
(c) A bar.
(d) A cafe.
5. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
2. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
3. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
4. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
5. What does Hemingway find odd about Fitzgerald's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
2. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
3. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
4. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
5. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
6. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
7. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
8. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
9. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
10. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)