|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
(b) Hotel room.
2. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
(a) It is so somber.
(b) It is slow to progress.
(c) It is too commercial.
(d) It is repetetive.
3. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
(b) His friends.
4. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
5. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
(a) He wrote the entire time.
(b) He wanted to leave early.
(c) He was flirting with other women.
(d) He would not drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
2. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
3. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
4. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
5. What does Ezra give Hemingway a jar of before he leaves town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
2. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
3. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
4. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
5. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
6. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
7. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
8. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
9. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
10. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)