|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
2. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
(a) Good conversation.
(b) Making love.
(c) Voracious reading.
(d) Hiking and skiing.
3. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
4. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
(a) The roof.
(b) The clock tower.
(c) The attic.
(d) The weather vane.
5. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
(a) Her husband's lovers.
(b) Her husband's intellect.
(c) Her husband's work.
(d) Her husband's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
2. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
3. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
4. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
5. Where does Hemingway hide the jar that Ezra gives him when he leaves town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
2. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
3. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
4. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
5. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
6. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
7. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
8. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
9. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
10. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)