|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walsh die from?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) A venerial disease.
(c) Typhoid Fever.
2. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) Some sedatives.
(b) A book to read.
(c) The opium.
(d) The silver dust.
3. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
4. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
5. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He found them old and boring.
(b) He found them young and ignorant.
(c) He did not respect them.
(d) He deeply admired them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
2. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
3. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
4. What does Walsh hate being called?
5. How did Pascin die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
2. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
3. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
4. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
5. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
6. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
7. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
8. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
9. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
10. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)