|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
(a) The race tracks.
(b) The book store.
(c) The bars.
(d) A restaurant.
2. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) A museum.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Hemingway's house.
(d) Ezra Pound's studio.
3. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Being too thin.
(b) Cheating on his wife.
(c) Not wearing warm clothes.
(d) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
4. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
5. What does Walsh hate being called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
2. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
3. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
4. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
5. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
2. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
3. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
4. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
5. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
6. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
7. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
8. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
9. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
10. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)