|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pascin die?
(a) He hung himself.
(b) He overdosed on drugs.
(c) He had a venerial disease.
(d) He shot himself.
2. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
3. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
(a) A bar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A museum.
(d) A church.
4. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
(b) A stack of books.
(c) A fire poker.
5. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is a great writer.
(b) He is an influential publisher.
(c) He is Ezra's friend.
(d) He is his elder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dunning's occupation?
2. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
3. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
4. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
5. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
2. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
3. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
4. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
5. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
6. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
7. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
8. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
9. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
10. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)