|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Cheating on his wife.
(b) Being too thin.
(c) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
(d) Not wearing warm clothes.
2. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) The silver dust.
(b) Some sedatives.
(c) The opium.
(d) A book to read.
3. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Hemingway's house.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
5. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(a) Another friend.
(b) The butler.
(d) The maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
2. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
3. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
4. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
5. What does Stein call her companion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
2. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
3. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
4. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
5. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
6. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
7. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
8. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
9. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
10. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)