|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
2. What does Ezra give Hemingway a jar of before he leaves town?
(a) Silver dust.
3. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He wants Zelda to die.
(b) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
(c) He has cheated on Zelda often.
(d) He thinks he might be gay.
4. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) A museum.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Ezra Pound's studio.
(d) Hemingway's house.
5. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) He sees the man he insulted.
(b) He sees a woman he has desired.
(c) His wife is there.
(d) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
2. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
3. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
4. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
5. What does Walsh die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
2. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
3. What does Fitzgerald say he does after he writes his stories?
4. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
5. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
6. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
7. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
8. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
9. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
10. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)