|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
(a) He spends more money when he is drunk.
(b) He is nicer to her when he is drunk.
(c) He is easier to manipulate when he is drunk.
(d) He can't work when he is drunk.
2. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
3. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A bear.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A dog.
(d) A frog.
4. What does Walsh hate being called?
5. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
(a) D. H. Lawrence.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) T. S. Elliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
2. Where does Hemingway hide the jar that Ezra gives him when he leaves town?
3. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
4. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
5. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
2. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
3. What does Hemingway do after hearing the exchange between Stein and Toklas?
4. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
5. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
6. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
7. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
8. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
9. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
10. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)