|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(d) Off color.
2. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Hemingway's house.
3. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Ezra Pound's studio.
(c) Hemingway's house.
(d) A museum.
4. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) It is about time someone recognized him.
(b) He has been dreaming about this.
(c) Walsh is a conman.
(d) He does not deserve it.
5. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
(a) He didn't like what she said.
(b) He wanted to be with his wife.
(c) He was disgusted by the maid.
(d) He heard her having a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
2. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
3. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
4. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
5. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
2. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
3. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
4. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
5. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
6. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
7. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
8. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
9. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
10. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)