|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
2. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) Stein's ballroom.
(c) Pounds' studio.
(d) A cafe.
3. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Having time to read.
(b) Having a high population.
(c) Being immersed in culture.
(d) Never being lonely.
4. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(b) Another friend.
(c) The maid.
(d) The butler.
5. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A frog.
(d) A tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
2. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
3. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
4. What does Stein call her companion?
5. What does Walsh die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
2. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
3. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
4. How are things with Fitzgerald when he moves to the villa?
5. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
6. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
7. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
8. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
9. What causes the end of Hemingway's friendship with Stein?
10. How was Bel Esprit supposed to work out?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)