|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
(a) His friends.
2. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
3. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He deeply admired them.
(b) He found them young and ignorant.
(c) He did not respect them.
(d) He found them old and boring.
4. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
(a) He was disgusted by the maid.
(b) He heard her having a fight.
(c) He wanted to be with his wife.
(d) He didn't like what she said.
5. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) Some sedatives.
(b) The silver dust.
(c) The opium.
(d) A book to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
2. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
3. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
4. What does Hemingway find odd about Fitzgerald's body?
5. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
2. What does Hemingway love most about his friend, Ezra Pound?
3. How does Pascin die, and how does Hemingway like to remember him?
4. What does Hemingway say about Dostoyevsky's writing?
5. How does Hemingway try to help Fitzgerald after hearing his secret?
6. What is the Pilot Fish and what does he do?
7. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
8. What does Pascin ask Hemingway when they see each other at a cafe?
9. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
10. What does James Joyce ask Hemingway after Walsh's death?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)