|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hemingway's wife's name?
2. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His writing techniques.
(b) Stories from the war.
(c) His past romances.
(d) His journalism travels.
3. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
4. Where is Sylvia Beach from?
5. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel when he finishes a story?
2. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
3. Where is the newspaper located that Hemingway writes for?
4. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
5. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Stein say belongs to the Lost Generation?
2. What does Hemingway do when he is interrupted at his cafe?
3. How does Hemingway justify the time he spends at the race track, and why is this ironic?
4. What is Hemingway's wife excited about when he returns to their apartment at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does the caped man turn out to be?
6. How does Hemingway say Sylvia Beach treated him?
7. What kind of racing does Mike say he prefers, and why?
8. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Shakespeare and Company?
9. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
10. Why does Hemingway say he feels the way he does about homosexuals?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)