|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
2. What does Sylvia Beach scold Hemingway for?
(a) Lying to his wife.
(b) Working too hard.
(c) Not paying his bill.
(d) Not eating.
3. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
4. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
(a) He is jealous of her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is not very impressed.
(d) He despises her.
5. What does the goatherd sell as he herds his goats down the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
2. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
3. What is Mike Ward's occupation?
4. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman and Hemingway is not?
2. Where does Hemingway do a lot of his writing?
3. Why does Hemingway feel comfortable in his state of poverty?
4. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
5. What is Hemingway's wife excited about when he returns to their apartment at the beginning of the book?
6. Where does Stein first hear the phrase, 'The Lost Generation'?
7. How does Hemingway describe the fishermen along the Seine?
8. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Shakespeare and Company?
9. What does Hemingway carry with him at all times for luck?
10. How does Hemingway feel about Stein's writing?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)