|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) He does not have the time.
(b) He does not like fish enough.
(c) It is not a good paying job.
(d) It smells too strong for him.
2. What is Ford's occupation?
3. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(b) A rum.
(c) Gin and Tonic.
4. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
(a) It does not come between him and his wife.
(b) It makes them a good income.
(c) It distracts them from fighting.
(d) It gives Hadley something to look forward to.
5. How many of Hemingway's racing stories survive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
2. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
3. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
4. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
5. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hemingway describe the fishermen along the Seine?
2. Why is Hemingway writing about Michigan while he is in Paris?
3. Where do many of Hemingway's stories take place, and why?
4. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
5. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
6. Why does Ford get mad at the waiter from the cafe?
7. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
8. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
9. What does Hemingway think about after making love to his wife after winning at the races?
10. What did Hemingway say would make his story about the interrupter more interesting?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)