|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Gin and Tonic.
(d) A rum.
2. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
3. What does Ford order when he sits with Hemingway at the cafe?
4. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) Things he has done.
(b) People he has known.
(c) Things he knows.
(d) Things he wishes he could do.
5. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) He does not have the time.
(b) It is not a good paying job.
(c) It smells too strong for him.
(d) He does not like fish enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
2. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
3. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
4. How does Hemingway feel when he finishes a story?
5. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Hemingway about Fitzgerald's car?
2. How does Hemingway feel about Stein's writing?
3. Who does the caped man turn out to be?
4. Why does Shipman say Jean is already in trouble with the cafe he works at?
5. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his dates at the races with his wife?
6. How do two of Hemingway's stories survive?
7. Why does Hemingway think Dunning reacted the way he did to the jar of opium?
8. What does Dunning do when Hemingway brings him a jar of opium?
9. How does Hemingway describe the fishermen along the Seine?
10. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)