|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
2. Who is Hemingway's favorite artist?
3. What is sold at Lipp's?
4. What does Hemingway's wife say that Hemingway often has in his life to help him?
(d) Good timing.
5. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
2. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
3. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
4. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
5. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hemingway say would make his story about the interrupter more interesting?
2. How do Hemingway and his wife respond to the news of his lost writings?
3. What does Hemingway like about his favorite cafe in Paris?
4. Where do many of Hemingway's stories take place, and why?
5. Where do the booksellers find most of the English books they sell?
6. What does Hemingway's wife say when she hears about the Shakespeare's company?
7. What does Hemingway do to make his stories more poetic?
8. How does Hemingway feel after his discussion about homosexuals with Stein?
9. How does Hemingway justify the time he spends at the race track, and why is this ironic?
10. What does Hemingway think about after making love to his wife after winning at the races?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)