|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When he knows what will happen next.
(b) When he can't figure out what to do next.
(c) When he starts to feel rushed.
(d) When it gets too boring.
2. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
(a) He starts making more money with his writing.
(b) It takes too much time.
(c) He sees that he is getting addicted.
(d) He loses a large sum of money.
3. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
(a) The amount in the bank account.
(b) Meeting with male friends.
(c) Eating lunch with friends.
(d) Getting a paycheck soon.
4. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Getting his order wrong.
(b) Watering down his brandy.
(c) Giving him a bad look.
(d) Taking too long to serve him.
5. Where does Hemingway hope his stories will be sold one day?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
2. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
3. What does Hemingway NOT do after his tender chat about love with his wife?
4. Why is Hemingway comfortable in poverty?
5. What kind of paper does Hemingway buy after the goatherd passes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hemingway justify the time he spends at the race track, and why is this ironic?
2. What kind of racing does Mike say he prefers, and why?
3. How does Stein think Hemingway views homosexuals?
4. How does Hemingway lose his stories?
5. How does Hemingway feel after his discussion about homosexuals with Stein?
6. Why does Ford get mad at the waiter from the cafe?
7. Where does Stein first hear the phrase, 'The Lost Generation'?
8. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his dates at the races with his wife?
9. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
10. Where do the booksellers find most of the English books they sell?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)