|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) Their schooling.
(b) The war.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their poverty.
2. What other kind of racing does Hemingway become involved in?
(c) Horse racing.
3. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
4. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
(d) Full of life.
5. What does Hemingway NOT do after his tender chat about love with his wife?
(a) Knock on wood.
(b) Write about his feelings.
(c) Feel satisfied.
(d) Look her in the eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hemingway's wife's name?
2. What does Hemingway make the man who interrupts him promise?
3. What is sold at Lipp's?
4. How many race bets does Hemingway win?
5. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
2. Who does Stein say belongs to the Lost Generation?
3. Why does Hemingway say he feels the way he does about homosexuals?
4. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his dates at the races with his wife?
5. What does Hemingway's wife say when she hears about the Shakespeare's company?
6. Where do many of Hemingway's stories take place, and why?
7. How does Hemingway feel about Stein's definition of the Lost Generation?
8. What did Hemingway say would make his story about the interrupter more interesting?
9. What happens when Hadley bets on a long shot at the races?
10. Where does Hemingway do a lot of his writing?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)