|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hemingway at the beginning of the book?
(c) New York.
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
(a) How much better than her they are.
(b) Her personal view of the author.
(c) How closesly the style mirrors her own.
(d) What their stance on Homosexuality.
3. How does Ford say Hemingway looks when he sits with him at the cafe?
4. How does Hemingway define his friendship with Stein?
5. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
2. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
3. What is Ford's occupation?
4. What famous person does Hemingway hope to see in Sylvia's shop?
5. What does Hemingway like to write in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Stein first hear the phrase, 'The Lost Generation'?
2. Why is Hemingway writing about Michigan while he is in Paris?
3. How do Hemingway and his wife respond to the news of his lost writings?
4. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
5. How does Hemingway justify the time he spends at the race track, and why is this ironic?
6. How does Hemingway feel after his large meal at the nice restaurant?
7. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound's work?
8. What does Hemingway think about after making love to his wife after winning at the races?
9. How does Hemingway describe the fishermen along the Seine?
10. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his dates at the races with his wife?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)