|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) Things he has done.
(b) People he has known.
(c) Things he knows.
(d) Things he wishes he could do.
2. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
3. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
4. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
(b) Woman's bracelet.
(c) Top hat.
(d) Frilly collar.
5. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is abstract.
(b) It is obscene.
(c) It is predictable.
(d) It is stale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
3. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
5. What does Ford order when he sits with Hemingway at the cafe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hemingway describe the fishermen along the Seine?
2. What does Hemingway do to make his stories more poetic?
3. How does Hemingway feel after his large meal at the nice restaurant?
4. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his dates at the races with his wife?
5. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
6. What kind of racing does Mike say he prefers, and why?
7. What does Hemingway carry with him at all times for luck?
8. How does Stein think Hemingway views homosexuals?
9. How does Hemingway say Sylvia Beach treated him?
10. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)