Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
(a) Their name.
(b) Their opinion.
(c) A long word.
(d) A grumble.
2. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Watering down his brandy.
(b) Giving him a bad look.
(c) Getting his order wrong.
(d) Taking too long to serve him.
3. What is Hillaire Belloc's occupation?
4. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
(a) Birds on the statues.
(c) Walking people.
(d) New lovers.
5. Why is Hemingway often hungry?
(a) He does not have money.
(b) He refuses to eat until his work is done.
(c) He spends all his money on alcohol.
(d) He is on a diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gertrude's last name?
2. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
3. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
4. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
5. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
2. What big secret does Fitzgerald confide in Hemingway about?
3. Where does Hemingway do a lot of his writing?
4. How does Hemingway say Sylvia Beach treated him?
5. How does Hemingway feel about Stein's writing?
6. How does Fitzgerald start to act when he is drunk after his summer trip?
7. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
8. How does Hemingway lose his stories?
9. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
10. How do two of Hemingway's stories survive?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)