|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway's wife say that Hemingway often has in his life to help him?
(a) Good timing.
2. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
(a) A box under his bed.
(b) A college fund for his children.
(c) The bank.
(d) A safety deposit box.
3. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
(a) That his life depends on the writing.
(b) That he is in the time and place of the story.
(c) That he is a king with no worries.
(d) That he will make a fortune off of the story.
4. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
5. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
(a) The Globe Library.
(b) The Book Nook.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) Williams Novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
2. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
3. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
4. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
5. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
2. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman and Hemingway is not?
3. Why is Hemingway writing about Michigan while he is in Paris?
4. Why does Ford get mad at the waiter from the cafe?
5. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
6. What kind of racing does Mike say he prefers, and why?
7. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his dates at the races with his wife?
8. What does Hemingway think about after making love to his wife after winning at the races?
9. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
10. What happens when Hadley bets on a long shot at the races?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)