|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hemingway's wife's name?
2. What is sold at Lipp's?
3. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
4. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
5. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
2. What does Hemingway like to write in?
3. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
4. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
5. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the hardest writing project Hemingway ever completed, and where does he do it?
2. What kind of racing does Mike say he prefers, and why?
3. What did Hemingway say would make his story about the interrupter more interesting?
4. Where does Stein first hear the phrase, 'The Lost Generation'?
5. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
6. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his dates at the races with his wife?
7. How does Stein think Hemingway views homosexuals?
8. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
9. How does Walsh die, and how does Hemingway try to help him at the end of his life?
10. Where do the booksellers find most of the English books they sell?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)