|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hemingway's wife's name?
2. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) Another cafe.
(c) A library.
(d) His house.
3. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
(a) The Book Nook.
(b) Williams Novels.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) The Globe Library.
4. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
5. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
(a) Short stories.
(c) Writing obituaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hemingway hope his stories will be sold one day?
2. Who invites Hemingway and his wife to dinner?
3. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
4. What does Hemingway make the man who interrupts him promise?
5. What does Hemingway like to think Cezanne felt while he was painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hemingway describe the fishermen along the Seine?
2. What did Hemingway say would make his story about the interrupter more interesting?
3. How does Hemingway feel after his large meal at the nice restaurant?
4. What kind of racing does Mike say he prefers, and why?
5. What does Hemingway do when he is interrupted at his cafe?
6. Why does Hemingway feel comfortable in his state of poverty?
7. Why is Hemingway writing about Michigan while he is in Paris?
8. What does Hemingway think about after making love to his wife after winning at the races?
9. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
10. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)