|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sold at Lipp's?
2. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
3. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) Their parents.
(b) The war.
(c) Their schooling.
(d) Their poverty.
4. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
5. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
2. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
3. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
4. What does the goatherd sell as he herds his goats down the street?
5. Where does Hemingway get a lot of inspiration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Shakespeare and Company?
2. How does Hemingway feel after his large meal at the nice restaurant?
3. How does Hemingway describe the Shakespeare and Company shop?
4. Why does Hemingway say he never wrote about some of the greatest moments he witnessed in bicycle racing?
5. Who does the caped man turn out to be?
6. How do Hemingway and his wife respond to the news of his lost writings?
7. What does Hemingway think about after making love to his wife after winning at the races?
8. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound's work?
9. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman and Hemingway is not?
10. Where does Hemingway do a lot of his writing?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)