|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
(a) Near the ocean.
(b) In urban areas.
(c) In universities.
2. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
3. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
4. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
(d) Practice piano.
5. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway like to think Cezanne felt while he was painting?
2. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
3. Why does Hemingway know where Ford's party is being held?
4. Where does Hemingway hope his stories will be sold one day?
5. What is Ford's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hemingway do a lot of his writing?
2. Who does Stein say belongs to the Lost Generation?
3. What does Hemingway think about after making love to his wife after winning at the races?
4. Why does Hemingway say he never wrote about some of the greatest moments he witnessed in bicycle racing?
5. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
6. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound's work?
7. Where do many of Hemingway's stories take place, and why?
8. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Shakespeare and Company?
9. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman and Hemingway is not?
10. What does Hemingway like about his favorite cafe in Paris?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)