|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
(c) Full of life.
2. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
(a) He dislikes the smell.
(b) It is very crowded.
(c) The food is kind of expensive.
(d) He does not speak French.
3. What other kind of racing does Hemingway become involved in?
(b) Horse racing.
4. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
(a) Williams Novels.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) The Globe Library.
(d) The Book Nook.
5. What does Hemingway like to do early in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hemingway's favorite museum located?
2. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
3. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
4. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
5. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does finishing a story make Hemingway feel?
2. What did Hemingway say would make his story about the interrupter more interesting?
3. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Shakespeare and Company?
4. Why does Hemingway say he never wrote about some of the greatest moments he witnessed in bicycle racing?
5. What does the man who interrupts Hemingway complain about, and how does Hemingway try to help him?
6. How does Hemingway say Sylvia Beach treated him?
7. How do Hemingway and his wife respond to the news of his lost writings?
8. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his dates at the races with his wife?
9. How does Hemingway lose his stories?
10. What does Hemingway carry with him at all times for luck?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)