|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
2. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
(a) The race tracks.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The book store.
(d) The bars.
3. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(a) The butler.
(b) The maid.
(c) Another friend.
4. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An old man.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) An angelic being.
5. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Primitive Cafes.
(b) The Principal Cafes.
(c) The Primeval Cafes.
(d) The Primary Cafes.
6. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(d) New York.
7. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A frog.
8. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
(a) Rich people.
(c) Media people.
9. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(b) The next door neighbor.
(c) The maid.
10. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) He compliments Hemingway's work.
(b) He asks Hemingway's opinion on his own writing.
(c) He tries to set Hemingway up with a girl.
(d) He asks about Paris culture.
11. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
(a) Her husband's intellect.
(b) Her husband's lovers.
(c) Her husband's friends.
(d) Her husband's work.
12. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A museum.
(c) A church.
(d) A bar.
13. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A school.
(d) A bank.
14. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
15. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Direct honesty.
(b) A critique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
2. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
3. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
4. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
5. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)