|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
(a) A museum.
(b) A bar.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A church.
2. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
(a) Hotel room.
3. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
4. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(b) The maid.
(d) The next door neighbor.
5. What causes the strange transformation in Fitzgerald when Hemingway first meets him?
(a) Lack of food.
(c) Lack of sleep.
6. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
7. How did Pascin die?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He overdosed on drugs.
(c) He had a venerial disease.
(d) He hung himself.
8. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
9. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A frog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
10. What does Hemingway find odd about Fitzgerald's body?
(a) His head is large.
(b) His feet are small.
(c) His legs are short.
(d) His arms are long.
11. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Hemingway's house.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
12. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An angelic being.
13. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
14. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
15. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
(a) He can't work when he is drunk.
(b) He spends more money when he is drunk.
(c) He is nicer to her when he is drunk.
(d) He is easier to manipulate when he is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
2. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
3. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
4. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
5. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)