|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
(a) Her husband's intellect.
(b) Her husband's work.
(c) Her husband's friends.
(d) Her husband's lovers.
2. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) D. H. Lawrence.
(d) T. S. Elliot.
3. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
(a) He heard her having a fight.
(b) He wanted to be with his wife.
(c) He didn't like what she said.
(d) He was disgusted by the maid.
4. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Principal Cafes.
(b) The Primitive Cafes.
(c) The Primary Cafes.
(d) The Primeval Cafes.
5. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(a) The next door neighbor.
(b) The maid.
6. What does Hemingway find odd about Fitzgerald's body?
(a) His arms are long.
(b) His head is large.
(c) His feet are small.
(d) His legs are short.
7. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
(b) He thinks he might be gay.
(c) He wants Zelda to die.
(d) He has cheated on Zelda often.
8. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
9. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A frog.
10. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) He sees a woman he has desired.
(b) His wife is there.
(c) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
(d) He sees the man he insulted.
11. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) An angelic being.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) An old man.
12. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
(a) It is so somber.
(b) It is slow to progress.
(c) It is repetetive.
(d) It is too commercial.
13. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He deeply admired them.
(b) He did not respect them.
(c) He found them old and boring.
(d) He found them young and ignorant.
14. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(a) New York.
15. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
(a) The change.
(b) The other thing.
(c) The infiltration.
(d) The beginning of the end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
2. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
3. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
4. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
5. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)