|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
2. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(c) Direct honesty.
(d) A critique.
3. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
(c) His friends.
4. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A frog.
5. What does Walsh hate being called?
6. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
(a) Many writers live there.
(b) The weather is usually mild there.
(c) It is cheap to live there.
(d) His wife loves it there.
7. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
(a) A bank.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bar.
(d) A school.
8. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The horse track.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) The Louvre.
9. Where does Hemingway hide the jar that Ezra gives him when he leaves town?
(a) An old boot.
(b) A locked drawer.
(c) A war chest.
(d) A lamp shade.
10. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(a) New York.
11. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Pounds' studio.
(c) Stein's ballroom.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
12. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He found them young and ignorant.
(b) He found them old and boring.
(c) He deeply admired them.
(d) He did not respect them.
13. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
14. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
(a) He wanted to be with his wife.
(b) He didn't like what she said.
(c) He was disgusted by the maid.
(d) He heard her having a fight.
15. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Hemingway's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
2. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
3. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
4. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
5. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)