|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway hide the jar that Ezra gives him when he leaves town?
(a) A lamp shade.
(b) A locked drawer.
(c) A war chest.
(d) An old boot.
2. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
3. What does Walsh hate being called?
4. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He wants Zelda to die.
(b) He has cheated on Zelda often.
(c) He thinks he might be gay.
(d) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
5. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) Stein's ballroom.
(b) Pounds' studio.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) A cafe.
6. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
(a) He falls off a cliff.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) He has pneumonia.
7. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
(a) Her husband's friends.
(b) Her husband's work.
(c) Her husband's intellect.
(d) Her husband's lovers.
8. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
9. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(b) Another friend.
(c) The butler.
(d) The maid.
10. What is Dunning's occupation?
11. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) A critique.
(d) Direct honesty.
12. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
(a) The race tracks.
(b) The book store.
(c) The bars.
(d) A restaurant.
13. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
14. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
15. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
2. What causes the strange transformation in Fitzgerald when Hemingway first meets him?
3. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
4. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
5. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)