|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(c) A critique.
(d) Direct honesty.
2. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
3. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) He compliments Hemingway's work.
(b) He asks Hemingway's opinion on his own writing.
(c) He asks about Paris culture.
(d) He tries to set Hemingway up with a girl.
4. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is an influential publisher.
(b) He is a great writer.
(c) He is his elder.
(d) He is Ezra's friend.
5. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
6. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
(a) Hotel room.
7. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
(a) The beginning of the end.
(b) The change.
(c) The other thing.
(d) The infiltration.
8. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
9. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) Pounds' studio.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Stein's ballroom.
10. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) An angelic being.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A skeleton.
11. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
(c) Media people.
(d) Rich people.
12. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) The opium.
(b) Some sedatives.
(c) The silver dust.
(d) A book to read.
13. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He thinks he might be gay.
(b) He wants Zelda to die.
(c) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
(d) He has cheated on Zelda often.
14. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
15. What is Dunning's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
2. How did Pascin die?
3. What does Hemingway find odd about Fitzgerald's body?
4. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
5. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)