|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
2. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
(a) The race tracks.
(b) The book store.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The bars.
3. What does Ezra give Hemingway a jar of before he leaves town?
(b) Silver dust.
4. How did Pascin die?
(a) He had a venerial disease.
(b) He hung himself.
(c) He overdosed on drugs.
(d) He shot himself.
5. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is his elder.
(b) He is an influential publisher.
(c) He is Ezra's friend.
(d) He is a great writer.
6. What does Stein call her companion?
7. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
(a) The other thing.
(b) The infiltration.
(c) The beginning of the end.
(d) The change.
8. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
(a) He would not drink.
(b) He wrote the entire time.
(c) He wanted to leave early.
(d) He was flirting with other women.
9. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(a) Off color.
10. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An old man.
(c) An angelic being.
(d) A skeleton.
11. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) Walsh is a conman.
(b) It is about time someone recognized him.
(c) He has been dreaming about this.
(d) He does not deserve it.
12. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The horse track.
(d) The Louvre.
13. What is Dunning's occupation?
14. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
15. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Not wearing warm clothes.
(b) Being too thin.
(c) Cheating on his wife.
(d) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
2. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
3. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
4. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
5. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)