|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
2. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
3. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
(a) T. S. Elliot.
(b) D. H. Lawrence.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Ezra Pound.
4. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
5. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Direct honesty.
(c) A critique.
6. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
7. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) He asks about Paris culture.
(b) He tries to set Hemingway up with a girl.
(c) He asks Hemingway's opinion on his own writing.
(d) He compliments Hemingway's work.
8. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
9. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
(a) He wanted to leave early.
(b) He wrote the entire time.
(c) He would not drink.
(d) He was flirting with other women.
10. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
(a) He spends more money when he is drunk.
(b) He is easier to manipulate when he is drunk.
(c) He can't work when he is drunk.
(d) He is nicer to her when he is drunk.
11. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) The horse track.
(d) A restaurant.
12. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
13. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
14. What does Stein call her companion?
15. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He found them young and ignorant.
(b) He deeply admired them.
(c) He found them old and boring.
(d) He did not respect them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
2. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
3. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
4. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
5. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)