|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) Ezra Pound's studio.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A museum.
(d) Hemingway's house.
2. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
3. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
(a) He would not drink.
(b) He wanted to leave early.
(c) He wrote the entire time.
(d) He was flirting with other women.
4. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) It is about time someone recognized him.
(b) He does not deserve it.
(c) He has been dreaming about this.
(d) Walsh is a conman.
5. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Having a high population.
(b) Having time to read.
(c) Never being lonely.
(d) Being immersed in culture.
6. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
7. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
8. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
9. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) Pounds' studio.
(b) Stein's ballroom.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
10. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
(d) Hotel room.
11. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
(a) It is cheap to live there.
(b) His wife loves it there.
(c) The weather is usually mild there.
(d) Many writers live there.
12. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) He asks Hemingway's opinion on his own writing.
(b) He tries to set Hemingway up with a girl.
(c) He asks about Paris culture.
(d) He compliments Hemingway's work.
13. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(c) Off color.
14. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
(a) Hiking and skiing.
(b) Making love.
(c) Voracious reading.
(d) Good conversation.
15. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
(a) Keep Zelda's picture with him.
(b) Ignore what his wife says to him.
(c) Look at statues at the Louvre.
(d) Get a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dunning's occupation?
2. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
3. What does Walsh hate being called?
4. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
5. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)