|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
(a) Ignore what his wife says to him.
(b) Get a divorce.
(c) Keep Zelda's picture with him.
(d) Look at statues at the Louvre.
2. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(d) New York.
3. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
4. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(c) The next door neighbor.
(d) The maid.
5. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) His wife is there.
(b) He sees the man he insulted.
(c) He sees a woman he has desired.
(d) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
6. What does Walsh hate being called?
7. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
8. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) The opium.
(b) Some sedatives.
(c) A book to read.
(d) The silver dust.
9. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Hemingway's house.
10. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
(a) Her husband's work.
(b) Her husband's intellect.
(c) Her husband's lovers.
(d) Her husband's friends.
11. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
12. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
13. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(c) A critique.
(d) Direct honesty.
14. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
15. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) D. H. Lawrence.
(d) T. S. Elliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
2. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
3. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
4. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
5. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)