|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) Pounds' studio.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Stein's ballroom.
2. What does Walsh die from?
(b) A venerial disease.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) Typhoid Fever.
3. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) An old man.
(b) An angelic being.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A skeleton.
4. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
(b) A fire poker.
(d) A stack of books.
5. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
(a) It is too commercial.
(b) It is slow to progress.
(c) It is so somber.
(d) It is repetetive.
6. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
(a) Hiking and skiing.
(b) Voracious reading.
(c) Good conversation.
(d) Making love.
7. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
8. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The horse track.
9. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
10. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
(a) He had an important meeting.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He has a sick friend.
(d) His wife is in the hospital.
11. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
(a) The weather is usually mild there.
(b) His wife loves it there.
(c) It is cheap to live there.
(d) Many writers live there.
12. What does Walsh hate being called?
13. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
14. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is a great writer.
(b) He is his elder.
(c) He is an influential publisher.
(d) He is Ezra's friend.
15. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dunning's occupation?
2. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
3. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
4. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
5. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)