|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
2. What makes Hemingway constantly hungry when he is in the mountains?
(a) Good conversation.
(b) Hiking and skiing.
(c) Making love.
(d) Voracious reading.
3. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
(a) He can't work when he is drunk.
(b) He is nicer to her when he is drunk.
(c) He is easier to manipulate when he is drunk.
(d) He spends more money when he is drunk.
4. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The horse track.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
5. What is Dunning's occupation?
6. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
(a) A stack of books.
(d) A fire poker.
7. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(a) The butler.
(b) Another friend.
(d) The maid.
8. What causes the strange transformation in Fitzgerald when Hemingway first meets him?
(a) Lack of food.
(d) Lack of sleep.
9. What does Stein call her companion?
10. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) Some sedatives.
(b) The opium.
(c) A book to read.
(d) The silver dust.
11. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
12. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
(a) Rich people.
(d) Media people.
13. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
(a) Keep Zelda's picture with him.
(b) Ignore what his wife says to him.
(c) Get a divorce.
(d) Look at statues at the Louvre.
14. Where does Fitzgerald meet Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Hemingway's house.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) A cafe.
15. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
(a) The attic.
(b) The weather vane.
(c) The roof.
(d) The clock tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
2. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
3. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
4. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
5. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)