|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
(a) Her husband's work.
(b) Her husband's friends.
(c) Her husband's lovers.
(d) Her husband's intellect.
2. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
(b) His friends.
3. What does Hemingway bring to Dunning when he has an episode after returning from the asylum?
(a) The silver dust.
(b) A book to read.
(c) The opium.
(d) Some sedatives.
4. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
5. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) A museum.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Hemingway's house.
(d) Ezra Pound's studio.
6. Why does Zelda get excited when her husband drinks some wine?
(a) He is easier to manipulate when he is drunk.
(b) He is nicer to her when he is drunk.
(c) He spends more money when he is drunk.
(d) He can't work when he is drunk.
7. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
8. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(a) The maid.
(c) Another friend.
(d) The butler.
9. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
(a) His wife is in the hospital.
(b) He has a sick friend.
(c) He had an important meeting.
(d) He was drunk.
10. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
(a) It is too commercial.
(b) It is slow to progress.
(c) It is so somber.
(d) It is repetetive.
11. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
(a) The clock tower.
(b) The roof.
(c) The attic.
(d) The weather vane.
12. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
(a) The race tracks.
(b) The bars.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The book store.
13. What does Stein call her companion?
14. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
15. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
(c) Hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
2. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
3. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
4. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
5. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)