|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(c) Off color.
2. What is Dunning's occupation?
3. How did Pascin die?
(a) He overdosed on drugs.
(b) He had a venerial disease.
(c) He hung himself.
(d) He shot himself.
4. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
(a) It is so somber.
(b) It is too commercial.
(c) It is slow to progress.
(d) It is repetetive.
5. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
(a) Look at statues at the Louvre.
(b) Keep Zelda's picture with him.
(c) Ignore what his wife says to him.
(d) Get a divorce.
6. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
(b) He sees the man he insulted.
(c) He sees a woman he has desired.
(d) His wife is there.
7. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
(a) It is cheap to live there.
(b) His wife loves it there.
(c) Many writers live there.
(d) The weather is usually mild there.
8. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(a) New York.
9. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He thinks he might be gay.
(b) He has cheated on Zelda often.
(c) He wants Zelda to die.
(d) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
10. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
(a) The change.
(b) The infiltration.
(c) The beginning of the end.
(d) The other thing.
11. What causes the strange transformation in Fitzgerald when Hemingway first meets him?
(b) Lack of sleep.
(c) Lack of food.
12. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
(d) His friends.
13. What does Walsh die from?
(a) Typhoid Fever.
(c) A venerial disease.
(d) He hangs himself.
14. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A frog.
15. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
(a) Hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
2. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
3. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
4. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
5. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)