|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
(a) Ignore what his wife says to him.
(b) Keep Zelda's picture with him.
(c) Get a divorce.
(d) Look at statues at the Louvre.
2. What does Hemingway call his affair in the book?
(a) The infiltration.
(b) The other thing.
(c) The beginning of the end.
(d) The change.
3. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(b) Another friend.
(c) The butler.
(d) The maid.
4. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
(a) His friends.
5. Where does Hemingway hide the jar that Ezra gives him when he leaves town?
(a) A war chest.
(b) A lamp shade.
(c) A locked drawer.
(d) An old boot.
6. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) Walsh is a conman.
(b) He has been dreaming about this.
(c) It is about time someone recognized him.
(d) He does not deserve it.
7. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) Stein's ballroom.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Pounds' studio.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
8. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Primitive Cafes.
(b) The Primeval Cafes.
(c) The Primary Cafes.
(d) The Principal Cafes.
9. What does Stein call her companion?
10. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(a) Off color.
11. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
12. What is the name of Hemingway's son?
13. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Having time to read.
(b) Having a high population.
(c) Being immersed in culture.
(d) Never being lonely.
14. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
(a) He wanted to leave early.
(b) He was flirting with other women.
(c) He wrote the entire time.
(d) He would not drink.
15. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(b) A critique.
(d) Direct honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
2. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
3. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
4. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
5. What does Walsh die from?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)