|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is his elder.
(b) He is an influential publisher.
(c) He is a great writer.
(d) He is Ezra's friend.
2. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The horse track.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
3. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
(a) It is too commercial.
(b) It is slow to progress.
(c) It is so somber.
(d) It is repetetive.
4. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Not wearing warm clothes.
(b) Being too thin.
(c) Cheating on his wife.
(d) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
5. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(a) New York.
6. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) The Primeval Cafes.
(b) The Principal Cafes.
(c) The Primary Cafes.
(d) The Primitive Cafes.
7. Where does Hemingway first meet Fitzgerald?
(a) A bar.
(b) A church.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A museum.
8. What causes the strange transformation in Fitzgerald when Hemingway first meets him?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) Lack of food.
9. What is Fitzgerald's big secret?
(a) He has cheated on Zelda often.
(b) He has never slept with anyone except Zelda.
(c) He wants Zelda to die.
(d) He thinks he might be gay.
10. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
11. What does the Pilot Fish attract to the mountains?
(b) Rich people.
(c) Media people.
12. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
13. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
14. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
(b) Hotel room.
15. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
2. What is Fitzgerald's wife's name?
3. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
4. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
5. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)