|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
2. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
3. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(a) Off color.
4. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is a great writer.
(b) He is his elder.
(c) He is an influential publisher.
(d) He is Ezra's friend.
5. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) He sees a woman he has desired.
(b) His wife is there.
(c) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
(d) He sees the man he insulted.
6. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) An old man.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An angelic being.
7. How does a man die when Hemingway is watching in the mountains?
(a) He falls off a cliff.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) He is stabbed.
8. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
(a) He wanted to be with his wife.
(b) He didn't like what she said.
(c) He was disgusted by the maid.
(d) He heard her having a fight.
9. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
10. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Cheating on his wife.
(b) Being too thin.
(c) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
(d) Not wearing warm clothes.
11. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
(b) A fire poker.
(d) A stack of books.
12. What does Walsh die from?
(b) Typhoid Fever.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) A venerial disease.
13. Where does Hemingway have an affair?
(d) New York.
14. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A frog.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bear.
15. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) Walsh is a conman.
(b) He does not deserve it.
(c) It is about time someone recognized him.
(d) He has been dreaming about this.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zelda have a fight with Fitzgerald at a party?
2. What is Zelda most jealous of in her life?
3. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
4. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
5. What is the name of the owner of the bar that Fitzgerald frequented?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)