|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mike Ward's occupation?
(a) Hotel owner.
(d) Bank employee.
2. What does Hemingway like to do early in the morning?
3. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
(a) A long word.
(b) Their name.
(c) A grumble.
(d) Their opinion.
4. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
5. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
6. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His journalism travels.
(b) His past romances.
(c) His writing techniques.
(d) Stories from the war.
7. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
8. What does Hemingway NOT do after his tender chat about love with his wife?
(a) Look her in the eye.
(b) Feel satisfied.
(c) Knock on wood.
(d) Write about his feelings.
9. Where does Hemingway get a lot of inspiration?
10. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
11. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
(b) Full of life.
12. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Taking too long to serve him.
(b) Getting his order wrong.
(c) Watering down his brandy.
(d) Giving him a bad look.
13. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
14. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
15. What does Hemingway say heightens his perception of the paintings in the museum?
(a) His desire to create.
(b) His self-loathing.
(c) His hunger.
(d) His life experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
2. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
3. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
4. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
5. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)