|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Hemingway and his wife to dinner?
(d) James Joyce.
2. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
(c) Making love.
3. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
(a) The food is kind of expensive.
(b) He dislikes the smell.
(c) It is very crowded.
(d) He does not speak French.
4. What kind of paper does Hemingway buy after the goatherd passes?
5. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
6. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
7. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When he can't figure out what to do next.
(b) When he knows what will happen next.
(c) When it gets too boring.
(d) When he starts to feel rushed.
8. Where is Chink from?
9. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
(b) Reads books.
(c) Visits museums.
(d) Goes on walks.
10. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
11. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
(b) Top hat.
(c) Woman's bracelet.
(d) Frilly collar.
12. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
(a) They are disgusting.
(b) They are delicious.
(c) They are fish.
(d) They are nothing special.
13. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
14. Why does Hemingway know where Ford's party is being held?
(a) He has attended parties there before.
(b) He has heard of it before.
(c) He lived above it.
(d) He walks by it daily.
15. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The coldness.
(b) The language.
(c) The strange people.
(d) The hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
2. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
3. What does Hemingway like to write in?
4. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
5. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)