|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sold at Lipp's?
2. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
(a) He attended a great university.
(b) His father was a gentleman.
(c) He has lots of money.
(d) He was an officer in the army.
3. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
(b) Take pictures.
4. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
(a) Another cafe.
(b) A library.
(c) His house.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
5. What does Sylvia Beach scold Hemingway for?
(a) Not eating.
(b) Working too hard.
(c) Lying to his wife.
(d) Not paying his bill.
6. What other kind of racing does Hemingway become involved in?
(b) Horse racing.
7. How does Ford say Hemingway looks when he sits with him at the cafe?
8. Where does Hemingway hope his stories will be sold one day?
9. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) The war.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their schooling.
(d) Their poverty.
10. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
11. Who invites Hemingway and his wife to dinner?
(a) James Joyce.
12. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) The war.
(c) Strange women.
(d) Bad weather.
13. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
(a) Eating lunch with friends.
(b) The amount in the bank account.
(c) Getting a paycheck soon.
(d) Meeting with male friends.
14. What does Hemingway like to write in?
(c) Old books.
15. What does Hemingway NOT do after his tender chat about love with his wife?
(a) Feel satisfied.
(b) Write about his feelings.
(c) Look her in the eye.
(d) Knock on wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many month's of savings does Hemingway's wife lose on a horse race?
2. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
3. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
4. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
5. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)