Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
(a) Their name.
(b) Their opinion.
(c) A long word.
(d) A grumble.
2. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Watering down his brandy.
(b) Giving him a bad look.
(c) Getting his order wrong.
(d) Taking too long to serve him.
3. What is Hillaire Belloc's occupation?
4. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
(a) Birds on the statues.
(c) Walking people.
(d) New lovers.
5. Why is Hemingway often hungry?
(a) He does not have money.
(b) He refuses to eat until his work is done.
(c) He spends all his money on alcohol.
(d) He is on a diet.
6. What is Gertrude's last name?
7. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
(a) Eating lunch with friends.
(b) Getting a paycheck soon.
(c) Meeting with male friends.
(d) The amount in the bank account.
8. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
(a) He is jealous of her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He despises her.
(d) He is not very impressed.
9. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
10. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
11. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
12. What does Sylvia Beach scold Hemingway for?
(a) Lying to his wife.
(b) Not paying his bill.
(c) Working too hard.
(d) Not eating.
13. Why does Hemingway know where Ford's party is being held?
(a) He has heard of it before.
(b) He has attended parties there before.
(c) He walks by it daily.
(d) He lived above it.
14. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
15. What does the goatherd sell as he herds his goats down the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
2. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
3. How many race bets does Hemingway win?
4. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
5. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)