|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sold at Lipp's?
2. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
(a) A park bench.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) His restroom.
(d) A cafe.
3. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
4. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
(b) Visits museums.
(c) Goes on walks.
(d) Reads books.
5. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
6. Who is Hemingway's favorite artist?
7. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
8. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Empty hotel rooms.
(b) The train station.
(c) Park benches.
(d) Abandoned houses.
9. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) The war.
(b) Bad weather.
(d) Strange women.
10. Why is Hemingway comfortable in poverty?
(a) His wife still loves him.
(b) He loves his work.
(c) He knows it is temporary.
(d) He will get a large inheritance soon.
11. Where does Hemingway hope his stories will be sold one day?
12. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
13. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
(b) Take pictures.
14. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
(a) Making love.
15. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
2. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
3. What ends Hemingway's time in Paris?
4. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
5. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)