|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
2. What does Ford order when he sits with Hemingway at the cafe?
3. What is Hillaire Belloc's occupation?
4. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
5. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She has already read them.
(b) She is poor.
(c) She does not need the money.
(d) She has no idea if they are valuable.
6. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
7. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
8. What does Hemingway like to do early in the morning?
9. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
(a) Random photographs.
(b) Pictures of authors.
(c) Symbols from literature.
(d) Pages of books.
10. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
11. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
12. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 300 Francs.
(b) 1800 Francs.
(c) 600 Francs.
(d) 1200 Frans.
13. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
14. Where is Chink from?
15. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) Bad weather.
(c) The war.
(d) Strange women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
2. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
3. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
4. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
5. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)