|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
2. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
(a) It does not come between him and his wife.
(b) It distracts them from fighting.
(c) It makes them a good income.
(d) It gives Hadley something to look forward to.
3. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
4. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
5. What does Sylvia Beach scold Hemingway for?
(a) Working too hard.
(b) Not paying his bill.
(c) Lying to his wife.
(d) Not eating.
6. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
(c) His wife.
7. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(b) A rum.
(c) Gin and Tonic.
8. Where is Chink from?
9. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
(c) Full of life.
10. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) People he has known.
(b) Things he has done.
(c) Things he wishes he could do.
(d) Things he knows.
11. Where does Hemingway get a lot of inspiration?
12. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
13. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
(a) Personal details.
(b) Things that can't be published.
(c) Biographical sketches.
(d) Things the public won't understand.
14. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
(c) Practice piano.
15. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A man singing.
(b) A knocking on his door.
(c) A gust of wind.
(d) A pretty girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
2. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
3. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
4. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
5. Why does Hemingway feel the way he does when he first enters Sylvia's store?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)