|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
(a) He does not speak French.
(b) The food is kind of expensive.
(c) He dislikes the smell.
(d) It is very crowded.
2. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
3. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) Strange women.
(b) The war.
(d) Bad weather.
4. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
5. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
6. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(c) A rum.
(d) Gin and Tonic.
7. What kind of paper does Hemingway buy after the goatherd passes?
8. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
(a) He loses a large sum of money.
(b) It takes too much time.
(c) He sees that he is getting addicted.
(d) He starts making more money with his writing.
9. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
10. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
(a) Another cafe.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) His house.
(d) A library.
11. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
12. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
13. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 1800 Francs.
(b) 1200 Frans.
(c) 600 Francs.
(d) 300 Francs.
14. What does the goatherd sell as he herds his goats down the street?
15. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
2. Where is Chink from?
3. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
4. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
5. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)