|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of paper does Hemingway buy after the goatherd passes?
2. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
3. What does Hemingway's wife say that Hemingway often has in his life to help him?
(d) Good timing.
4. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
(a) Leave Paris.
(b) Spend time with his family.
(c) Take drugs.
(d) Get drunk.
5. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
(a) Williams Novels.
(b) The Book Nook.
(c) The Globe Library.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
6. What is Hemingway's wife's name?
7. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
8. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 600 Francs.
(b) 1800 Francs.
(c) 1200 Frans.
(d) 300 Francs.
9. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
(b) Writing obituaries.
(d) Short stories.
10. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
(a) New lovers.
(c) Walking people.
(d) Birds on the statues.
11. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
12. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
13. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is stale.
(b) It is abstract.
(c) It is predictable.
(d) It is obscene.
14. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
15. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
2. How many month's of savings does Hemingway's wife lose on a horse race?
3. Where is the newspaper located that Hemingway writes for?
4. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
5. Why does Hemingway feel the way he does when he first enters Sylvia's store?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)