|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
(a) His wife's scarf.
(b) A horse chestnut.
(c) A rabbit's ear.
(d) An old key.
2. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
(a) A bar.
(b) A bank.
(c) A school.
(d) A hotel.
3. What does the goatherd sell as he herds his goats down the street?
4. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
5. What is Mike Ward's occupation?
(b) Bank employee.
(c) Hotel owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway call the cafes where the other writers frequent?
2. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
3. What does Hemingway's wife say that Hemingway often has in his life to help him?
4. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
5. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)