|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
(a) His house.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) A library.
(d) Another cafe.
2. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) Their schooling.
(b) The war.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their poverty.
3. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 1800 Francs.
(b) 1200 Frans.
(c) 300 Francs.
(d) 600 Francs.
4. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) He compliments Hemingway's work.
(b) He tries to set Hemingway up with a girl.
(c) He asks about Paris culture.
(d) He asks Hemingway's opinion on his own writing.
5. Where is Hemingway's favorite museum located?
(a) Across from the cathedral.
(b) Next to the Seine.
(c) In the Luxembourg Gardens.
(d) Near the Eiffel Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chink from?
2. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
3. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
4. How many of Hemingway's racing stories survive?
5. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)