|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
(a) His wife's scarf.
(b) An old key.
(c) A horse chestnut.
(d) A rabbit's ear.
2. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
(a) He is not very impressed.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He despises her.
(d) He is jealous of her.
3. Who is Hemingway's favorite artist?
4. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
(a) Eating lunch with friends.
(b) Meeting with male friends.
(c) The amount in the bank account.
(d) Getting a paycheck soon.
5. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
2. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
3. What country sent a letter for Hemingway to the Shakespeare and Company?
4. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
5. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)