|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
(a) It does not come between him and his wife.
(b) It gives Hadley something to look forward to.
(c) It makes them a good income.
(d) It distracts them from fighting.
2. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
3. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The horse track.
4. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Giving him a bad look.
(b) Taking too long to serve him.
(c) Watering down his brandy.
(d) Getting his order wrong.
5. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) An old man.
(d) An angelic being.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
2. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
3. Where is Hemingway's favorite museum located?
4. Where does Hemingway hope his stories will be sold one day?
5. Where is Hemingway at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)