|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
(a) Direct honesty.
(c) A critique.
2. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His past romances.
(b) His journalism travels.
(c) Stories from the war.
(d) His writing techniques.
3. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
4. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 1800 Francs.
(b) 600 Francs.
(c) 300 Francs.
(d) 1200 Frans.
5. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
(b) Not wearing warm clothes.
(c) Being too thin.
(d) Cheating on his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
2. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
3. What does Walsh hate being called?
4. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
5. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)