|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Never being lonely.
(b) Having a high population.
(c) Having time to read.
(d) Being immersed in culture.
2. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
(a) It gives Hadley something to look forward to.
(b) It does not come between him and his wife.
(c) It distracts them from fighting.
(d) It makes them a good income.
3. What does Hemingway like to write in?
(a) Old books.
4. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
5. What kind of paper does Hemingway buy after the goatherd passes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
2. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
3. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
4. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
5. What famous person does Hemingway hope to see in Sylvia's shop?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)