|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
(a) That he is a king with no worries.
(b) That his life depends on the writing.
(c) That he will make a fortune off of the story.
(d) That he is in the time and place of the story.
2. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When it gets too boring.
(b) When he knows what will happen next.
(c) When he can't figure out what to do next.
(d) When he starts to feel rushed.
3. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
4. Who invites Hemingway and his wife to dinner?
(c) James Joyce.
5. Why is Hemingway comfortable in poverty?
(a) He loves his work.
(b) He will get a large inheritance soon.
(c) His wife still loves him.
(d) He knows it is temporary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
2. What disappoints Hemingway about Fitzgerald's writing?
3. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
4. What does Hemingway suggest Fitzgerald do to solve his problem?
5. What causes the strange transformation in Fitzgerald when Hemingway first meets him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)