|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
(a) His wife's scarf.
(b) A horse chestnut.
(c) A rabbit's ear.
(d) An old key.
2. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
(a) Things the public won't understand.
(b) Personal details.
(c) Things that can't be published.
(d) Biographical sketches.
3. What is sold at Lipp's?
4. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
(a) He usually wins.
(b) He limits his spending amount.
(c) He writes about it.
(d) He bets wisely.
5. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway make the man who interrupts him promise?
2. What does Fitzgerald demand of Hemingway when they visit again in Paris?
3. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
4. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
5. What does Hemingway like to write in?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)