|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Watering down his brandy.
(b) Getting his order wrong.
(c) Giving him a bad look.
(d) Taking too long to serve him.
2. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
(a) That he is a king with no worries.
(b) That he is in the time and place of the story.
(c) That his life depends on the writing.
(d) That he will make a fortune off of the story.
3. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He refused to publish her work.
(b) He was rude to her lover.
(c) He broke one of her chairs.
(d) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
4. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Abandoned houses.
(b) The train station.
(c) Empty hotel rooms.
(d) Park benches.
5. Who does Hemingway leave a message with when he fails to see Stein before she leaves on vacation?
(b) The butler.
(c) Another friend.
(d) The maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walsh die from?
2. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
3. How many month's of savings does Hemingway's wife lose on a horse race?
4. What does Walsh hate being called?
5. What kind of establishment does Fitzgerald live in in Paris?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)