|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Giving him a bad look.
(b) Taking too long to serve him.
(c) Watering down his brandy.
(d) Getting his order wrong.
2. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
(b) Cheating on his wife.
(c) Being too thin.
(d) Not wearing warm clothes.
3. Where does Hemingway get a lot of inspiration?
4. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
(b) The maid.
(c) The next door neighbor.
5. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A dog.
(c) A frog.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
2. What does Fitzgerald blame for his inability to write?
3. What is Ford's occupation?
4. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
5. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)