|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Matter of Measurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 1800 Francs.
(b) 1200 Frans.
(c) 600 Francs.
(d) 300 Francs.
2. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
(a) He was an officer in the army.
(b) He attended a great university.
(c) He has lots of money.
(d) His father was a gentleman.
3. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Giving him a bad look.
(b) Getting his order wrong.
(c) Taking too long to serve him.
(d) Watering down his brandy.
4. What bar does Fitzgerald go to after his talk with Hemingway?
5. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
(a) Personal details.
(b) Things that can't be published.
(c) Biographical sketches.
(d) Things the public won't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
2. What does Ford order when he sits with Hemingway at the cafe?
3. What is Gertrude's last name?
4. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
5. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)