|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Agent of Evil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
(b) Writing obituaries.
(c) Short stories.
2. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He did not respect them.
(b) He found them old and boring.
(c) He deeply admired them.
(d) He found them young and ignorant.
3. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) Stein's ballroom.
(b) Pounds' studio.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
4. What does Sylvia Beach scold Hemingway for?
(a) Not paying his bill.
(b) Lying to his wife.
(c) Not eating.
(d) Working too hard.
5. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
(a) His house.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) Another cafe.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the goatherd sell as he herds his goats down the street?
2. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
3. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
4. Where is the newspaper located that Hemingway writes for?
5. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)