|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
(a) Shakespeare and Company.
(b) Williams Novels.
(c) The Book Nook.
(d) The Globe Library.
2. Why does Hemingway continue to live in Paris?
(a) The weather is usually mild there.
(b) Many writers live there.
(c) His wife loves it there.
(d) It is cheap to live there.
3. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) A box under his bed.
(c) The bank.
(d) A college fund for his children.
4. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
5. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
2. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
3. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
4. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
5. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)