|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
(a) The food is kind of expensive.
(b) He does not speak French.
(c) He dislikes the smell.
(d) It is very crowded.
2. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He deeply admired them.
(b) He did not respect them.
(c) He found them old and boring.
(d) He found them young and ignorant.
3. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A frog.
(d) A tiger.
4. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
5. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
2. What does Hemingway like to do early in the morning?
3. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
4. What does Hemingway say heightens his perception of the paintings in the museum?
5. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)