|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway feel the way he does when he first enters Sylvia's store?
(a) He is very attracted to Sylvia.
(b) He does not have the money for the lending club.
(c) He knows famous people frequent the store.
(d) He is not dressed well.
2. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
3. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) A box under his bed.
(c) The bank.
(d) A college fund for his children.
4. What country sent a letter for Hemingway to the Shakespeare and Company?
5. What does Stein call her companion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
2. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
3. Where is Sylvia Beach from?
4. How many models are with Pascin when Hemingway meets him?
5. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)