|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
2. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
(a) He dislikes the smell.
(b) He does not speak French.
(c) It is very crowded.
(d) The food is kind of expensive.
3. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She does not need the money.
(b) She is poor.
(c) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(d) She has already read them.
4. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
(a) Another cafe.
(b) His house.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) A library.
5. Who invites Hemingway and his wife to dinner?
(c) James Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
2. What does Ford chastise Hemingway for while they sit together at a cafe?
3. What does Walsh hate being called?
4. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
5. Who lets Hemingway into the house when Stein is not home?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)