|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
2. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
3. What does Ford chastise Hemingway for while they sit together at a cafe?
(a) Drinking brandy.
(b) Snubbing Belloc.
(c) Talking too fast.
(d) Cheating on his wife.
4. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The coldness.
(b) The strange people.
(c) The language.
(d) The hills.
5. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
2. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
3. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
4. What excuse does Hemingway try to give when he leaves Stein's house before she goes on vacation?
5. What does Hemingway say heightens his perception of the paintings in the museum?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)