|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
2. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When he starts to feel rushed.
(b) When he can't figure out what to do next.
(c) When it gets too boring.
(d) When he knows what will happen next.
3. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
4. How does Hemingway feel when he finishes a story?
(a) Lonely and afraid.
(b) Happy and sad.
(c) Angry and alone.
(d) Satisfied and bored.
5. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He refused to publish her work.
(b) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
(c) He broke one of her chairs.
(d) He was rude to her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
2. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
3. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
4. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
5. What does Walsh hate being called?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)