|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A bank.
(c) A school.
(d) A bar.
2. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The coldness.
(b) The language.
(c) The hills.
(d) The strange people.
3. Where does Hemingway get a lot of inspiration?
4. Why is Hemingway comfortable in poverty?
(a) He loves his work.
(b) He will get a large inheritance soon.
(c) He knows it is temporary.
(d) His wife still loves him.
5. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
(a) Biographical sketches.
(b) Things that can't be published.
(c) Personal details.
(d) Things the public won't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
2. What does Hemingway like to write in?
3. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
4. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
5. Where is Ernest Walsh from?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)