|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
(a) He has lost a lot of money there.
(b) You have to bet to enjoy it.
(c) He thinks the horses are badly treated.
(d) The races are too short.
2. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
(a) If Hemingway had really blown up.
(b) If he had done what he wanted.
(c) If he had told the entire truth.
(d) If the man had become a well-known critic.
3. What kind of car does Stein drive?
(a) Old Buick.
(b) Model T.
(c) VW Station wagon.
(d) Toyota Corolla.
4. What is Gertrude's last name?
5. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A pretty girl.
(b) A man singing.
(c) A gust of wind.
(d) A knocking on his door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
2. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
3. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
4. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
5. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)