|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 1200 Frans.
(b) 1800 Francs.
(c) 600 Francs.
(d) 300 Francs.
2. Where is Hemingway when he meets Ernest Walsh?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Stein's ballroom.
(c) Pounds' studio.
(d) Shakespeare and Company.
3. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
4. Where is Hemingway's favorite museum located?
(a) Across from the cathedral.
(b) Near the Eiffel Tower.
(c) In the Luxembourg Gardens.
(d) Next to the Seine.
5. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say heightens his perception of the paintings in the museum?
2. What does Walsh hate being called?
3. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
4. Where did Hemingway want to go before he went to visit the cafes where the other writers frequent?
5. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)