|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
2. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
3. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
(a) Crepes and seltzer.
(d) Bread and wine.
4. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) His wife is there.
(b) He sees the man he insulted.
(c) He sees a woman he has desired.
(d) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
5. What country sent a letter for Hemingway to the Shakespeare and Company?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pascin die?
2. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
3. What does Ford chastise Hemingway for while they sit together at a cafe?
4. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
5. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)