|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
2. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His writing techniques.
(b) His journalism travels.
(c) Stories from the war.
(d) His past romances.
3. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) People he has known.
(b) Things he knows.
(c) Things he wishes he could do.
(d) Things he has done.
4. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
5. What does Hemingway make the man who interrupts him promise?
(a) To not come back to the cafe.
(b) To leave him alone for an hour.
(c) To not tell his friends about the cafe.
(d) To start writing again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford chastise Hemingway for while they sit together at a cafe?
2. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
3. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
4. Why does Hemingway know where Ford's party is being held?
5. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)