|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Taking too long to serve him.
(b) Watering down his brandy.
(c) Getting his order wrong.
(d) Giving him a bad look.
2. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
(a) Another cafe.
(b) Shakespeare and Company.
(c) A library.
(d) His house.
3. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
4. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is abstract.
(b) It is stale.
(c) It is predictable.
(d) It is obscene.
5. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
(a) An old key.
(b) A rabbit's ear.
(c) A horse chestnut.
(d) His wife's scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mike Ward's occupation?
2. How does Hemingway define his friendship with Stein?
3. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
4. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
5. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)