|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
2. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
3. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
(a) The Seine.
(b) The Snake.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Danube.
4. Why does Hemingway leave the cafe Select?
(a) He sees the man he insulted.
(b) He sees someone who would talk about horses.
(c) His wife is there.
(d) He sees a woman he has desired.
5. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
(a) Spend time with his family.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Take drugs.
(d) Leave Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
2. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
3. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
4. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
5. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)