|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Was Marked for Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
2. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 1800 Francs.
(b) 1200 Frans.
(c) 300 Francs.
(d) 600 Francs.
3. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Abandoned houses.
(b) Empty hotel rooms.
(c) Park benches.
(d) The train station.
4. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(b) A rum.
(c) Gin and Tonic.
5. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
(b) Full of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
2. Why is Hemingway often hungry?
3. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
4. What does the goatherd sell as he herds his goats down the street?
5. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)