|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
2. What ends Hemingway's time in Paris?
(a) A bankruptcy.
(b) Hadley's death.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) An affair.
3. What famous person does Hemingway hope to see in Sylvia's shop?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
4. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
(b) Practice piano.
5. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
(a) The Snake.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Seine.
(d) The Danube.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
2. Who invites Hemingway and his wife to dinner?
3. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
4. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
5. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)