|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say heightens his perception of the paintings in the museum?
(a) His life experience.
(b) His hunger.
(c) His desire to create.
(d) His self-loathing.
2. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
(a) He writes about it.
(b) He bets wisely.
(c) He usually wins.
(d) He limits his spending amount.
3. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 600 Francs.
(b) 1200 Frans.
(c) 1800 Francs.
(d) 300 Francs.
4. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
5. Where is the newspaper located that Hemingway writes for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylvia Beach scold Hemingway for?
2. What is Gertrude's last name?
3. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
4. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
5. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)