|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is abstract.
(b) It is predictable.
(c) It is obscene.
(d) It is stale.
2. How many month's of savings does Hemingway's wife lose on a horse race?
3. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
4. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
(a) Full of life.
5. What ends Hemingway's time in Paris?
(a) A bankruptcy.
(b) An affair.
(c) Hadley's death.
(d) He is robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say heightens his perception of the paintings in the museum?
2. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
3. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
4. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
5. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)