|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many month's of savings does Hemingway's wife lose on a horse race?
2. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
(a) Short stories.
(d) Writing obituaries.
3. How many of Hemingway's racing stories survive?
4. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
(a) Spend time with his family.
(b) Take drugs.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Leave Paris.
5. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
(a) How closesly the style mirrors her own.
(b) What their stance on Homosexuality.
(c) Her personal view of the author.
(d) How much better than her they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country sent a letter for Hemingway to the Shakespeare and Company?
2. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
3. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
4. Where does Hemingway hope his stories will be sold one day?
5. What is Mike Ward's occupation?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)