|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford order when he sits with Hemingway at the cafe?
2. Where is Hemingway at the beginning of the book?
(a) New York.
(d) St. Petersburg.
3. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His journalism travels.
(b) His past romances.
(c) His writing techniques.
(d) Stories from the war.
4. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 300 Francs.
(b) 1800 Francs.
(c) 600 Francs.
(d) 1200 Frans.
5. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) It is not a good paying job.
(b) He does not have the time.
(c) It smells too strong for him.
(d) He does not like fish enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
2. What does Sylvia Beach scold Hemingway for?
3. What country sent a letter for Hemingway to the Shakespeare and Company?
4. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
5. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)