|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
(b) Frilly collar.
(c) Woman's bracelet.
(d) Top hat.
2. What does Hemingway like to think Cezanne felt while he was painting?
3. Where is Chink from?
4. Why is Hemingway often hungry?
(a) He is on a diet.
(b) He spends all his money on alcohol.
(c) He does not have money.
(d) He refuses to eat until his work is done.
5. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
(a) The Globe Library.
(b) Williams Novels.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) The Book Nook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
2. What famous person does Hemingway hope to see in Sylvia's shop?
3. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
4. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
5. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)