|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A park bench.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) His restroom.
2. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
3. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
4. What ends Hemingway's time in Paris?
(a) Hadley's death.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) An affair.
(d) A bankruptcy.
5. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is stale.
(b) It is abstract.
(c) It is obscene.
(d) It is predictable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
2. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
3. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
5. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)