|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
2. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) People he has known.
(b) Things he wishes he could do.
(c) Things he knows.
(d) Things he has done.
3. How does Sylvia treat Hemingway?
4. Where is Hemingway at the beginning of the book?
(b) New York.
(d) St. Petersburg.
5. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
(a) The races are too short.
(b) He thinks the horses are badly treated.
(c) You have to bet to enjoy it.
(d) He has lost a lot of money there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
2. How many race bets does Hemingway win?
3. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
4. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
5. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)