|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
(a) Making love.
2. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) Strange women.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) The war.
3. What ends Hemingway's time in Paris?
(a) An affair.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) A bankruptcy.
(d) Hadley's death.
4. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
(a) Goes on walks.
(b) Reads books.
(d) Visits museums.
5. What country sent a letter for Hemingway to the Shakespeare and Company?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylvia Beach scold Hemingway for?
2. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
3. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
4. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
5. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)