|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) Things he wishes he could do.
(b) Things he has done.
(c) People he has known.
(d) Things he knows.
2. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
3. Where is Sylvia Beach from?
4. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
(a) It makes them a good income.
(b) It gives Hadley something to look forward to.
(c) It does not come between him and his wife.
(d) It distracts them from fighting.
5. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
(a) The races are too short.
(b) He has lost a lot of money there.
(c) You have to bet to enjoy it.
(d) He thinks the horses are badly treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
2. Who does Hemingway know would lend him money if he needed it?
3. Why is Hemingway often hungry?
4. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
5. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)