|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
(a) It does not come between him and his wife.
(b) It makes them a good income.
(c) It distracts them from fighting.
(d) It gives Hadley something to look forward to.
2. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
3. What country sent a letter for Hemingway to the Shakespeare and Company?
4. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
(a) 1800 Francs.
(b) 300 Francs.
(c) 1200 Frans.
(d) 600 Francs.
5. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Gin and Tonic.
(c) A rum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sold at Lipp's?
2. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
3. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
4. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
5. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)