|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
2. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
(a) He writes about it.
(b) He bets wisely.
(c) He usually wins.
(d) He limits his spending amount.
3. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
(c) Full of life.
4. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The coldness.
(b) The language.
(c) The hills.
(d) The strange people.
5. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
2. What does Hemingway like to do early in the morning?
3. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
4. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
5. How does Hemingway define his friendship with Stein?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)