|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
2. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The hills.
(b) The strange people.
(c) The language.
(d) The coldness.
3. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is stale.
(b) It is abstract.
(c) It is obscene.
(d) It is predictable.
4. What is Hemingway's wife's name?
5. Why does Hemingway feel the way he does when he first enters Sylvia's store?
(a) He is not dressed well.
(b) He does not have the money for the lending club.
(c) He is very attracted to Sylvia.
(d) He knows famous people frequent the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
2. What famous person does Hemingway hope to see in Sylvia's shop?
3. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
4. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
5. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)