|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hemingway at the beginning of the book?
(c) St. Petersburg.
(d) New York.
2. Why does Hemingway feel the way he does when he first enters Sylvia's store?
(a) He is very attracted to Sylvia.
(b) He knows famous people frequent the store.
(c) He does not have the money for the lending club.
(d) He is not dressed well.
3. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) The war.
(c) Strange women.
(d) Bad weather.
4. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
(a) Taking drugs.
5. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
(a) He is jealous of her.
(b) He is not very impressed.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He despises her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
2. How many race bets does Hemingway win?
3. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
4. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
5. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)