|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hemingway meet Chink?
2. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
(a) He sees that he is getting addicted.
(b) It takes too much time.
(c) He starts making more money with his writing.
(d) He loses a large sum of money.
3. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The hills.
(b) The coldness.
(c) The language.
(d) The strange people.
4. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She is poor.
(b) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(c) She has already read them.
(d) She does not need the money.
5. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
(b) Making love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other kind of racing does Hemingway become involved in?
2. What does Hemingway's wife say that Hemingway often has in his life to help him?
3. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
4. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
5. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)