|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A park bench.
(d) His restroom.
2. How does Hemingway feel when he finishes a story?
(a) Angry and alone.
(b) Satisfied and bored.
(c) Lonely and afraid.
(d) Happy and sad.
3. Why is Hemingway comfortable in poverty?
(a) He loves his work.
(b) His wife still loves him.
(c) He knows it is temporary.
(d) He will get a large inheritance soon.
4. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
(a) He has lost a lot of money there.
(b) He thinks the horses are badly treated.
(c) You have to bet to enjoy it.
(d) The races are too short.
5. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
2. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
3. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
4. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
5. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)