|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
2. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
(a) His restroom.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A park bench.
3. How many month's of savings does Hemingway's wife lose on a horse race?
4. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When he can't figure out what to do next.
(b) When it gets too boring.
(c) When he knows what will happen next.
(d) When he starts to feel rushed.
5. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
(b) New lovers.
(c) Birds on the statues.
(d) Walking people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway feel the way he does when he first enters Sylvia's store?
2. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
3. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
4. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
5. What does the goatherd sell as he herds his goats down the street?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)