|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is obscene.
(b) It is predictable.
(c) It is stale.
(d) It is abstract.
2. Where does Hemingway like to go for reading material?
(a) Williams Novels.
(b) The Globe Library.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) The Book Nook.
3. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Empty hotel rooms.
(b) Park benches.
(c) Abandoned houses.
(d) The train station.
4. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
(a) Biographical sketches.
(b) Things that can't be published.
(c) Personal details.
(d) Things the public won't understand.
5. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A man singing.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) A knocking on his door.
(d) A gust of wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sylvia Beach from?
2. What is Gertrude's last name?
3. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
4. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
5. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)