|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
(a) Making love.
2. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
(a) He bets wisely.
(b) He limits his spending amount.
(c) He usually wins.
(d) He writes about it.
3. Where is Hemingway at the beginning of the book?
(a) St. Petersburg.
(d) New York.
4. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
5. Why does Hemingway feel the way he does when he first enters Sylvia's store?
(a) He knows famous people frequent the store.
(b) He is not dressed well.
(c) He is very attracted to Sylvia.
(d) He does not have the money for the lending club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
2. What ends Hemingway's time in Paris?
3. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
5. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)