|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
2. What does Hemingway NOT do after his tender chat about love with his wife?
(a) Knock on wood.
(b) Look her in the eye.
(c) Feel satisfied.
(d) Write about his feelings.
3. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
(a) Personal details.
(b) Things the public won't understand.
(c) Things that can't be published.
(d) Biographical sketches.
4. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When it gets too boring.
(b) When he can't figure out what to do next.
(c) When he starts to feel rushed.
(d) When he knows what will happen next.
5. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
(b) Walking people.
(c) Birds on the statues.
(d) New lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
2. Where is Sylvia Beach from?
3. How does Hemingway feel when he finishes a story?
4. What kind of paper does Hemingway buy after the goatherd passes?
5. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)