|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
(b) Bread and wine.
(d) Crepes and seltzer.
2. What is Mike Ward's occupation?
(a) Hotel owner.
(b) Bank employee.
3. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Seine.
(c) The Snake.
(d) The Danube.
4. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
(a) He is jealous of her.
(b) He despises her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is not very impressed.
5. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Gin and Tonic.
(c) A rum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
2. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
3. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
4. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
5. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)