|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) Bad weather.
(c) Strange women.
(d) The war.
2. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
3. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
(a) He is jealous of her.
(b) He despises her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is not very impressed.
4. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She has already read them.
(b) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(c) She does not need the money.
(d) She is poor.
5. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
2. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
3. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
4. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
5. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)