|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
(b) In urban areas.
(c) In universities.
(d) Near the ocean.
2. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) The bank.
(c) A box under his bed.
(d) A college fund for his children.
3. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She is poor.
(b) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(c) She does not need the money.
(d) She has already read them.
4. What does Hemingway's wife want to buy to have at the race track?
5. What kind of paper does Hemingway buy after the goatherd passes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
2. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
3. How many race bets does Hemingway win?
4. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
5. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)