|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
(b) He was rude to her lover.
(c) He refused to publish her work.
(d) He broke one of her chairs.
2. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
3. Where does Hemingway get a lot of inspiration?
4. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The coldness.
(b) The hills.
(c) The strange people.
(d) The language.
5. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
(b) Visits museums.
(c) Goes on walks.
(d) Reads books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
2. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
3. What kind of paper does Hemingway buy after the goatherd passes?
4. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
5. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)