|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of an Avocation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ends Hemingway's time in Paris?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) Hadley's death.
(c) A bankruptcy.
(d) An affair.
2. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
3. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
(a) Pages of books.
(b) Random photographs.
(c) Pictures of authors.
(d) Symbols from literature.
4. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His past romances.
(b) Stories from the war.
(c) His writing techniques.
(d) His journalism travels.
5. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
(a) It takes too much time.
(b) He loses a large sum of money.
(c) He sees that he is getting addicted.
(d) He starts making more money with his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hemingway meet Chink?
2. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
3. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
5. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)