|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through People of the Seine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
(c) Hemingway's wife.
2. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A pretty girl.
(b) A man singing.
(c) A knocking on his door.
(d) A gust of wind.
3. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
(d) Taking drugs.
4. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
(b) Making love.
5. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
(a) His restroom.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A park bench.
(d) A cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
2. What is Gertrude's last name?
3. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
4. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
5. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)