|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through People of the Seine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
2. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
(a) Bread and wine.
(d) Crepes and seltzer.
3. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
(d) Hemingway's wife.
4. What is Gertrude's last name?
5. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Empty hotel rooms.
(b) Abandoned houses.
(c) The train station.
(d) Park benches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
2. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
3. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
4. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
5. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)