|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through People of the Seine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(b) Bad weather.
(c) The war.
(d) Strange women.
2. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His journalism travels.
(b) Stories from the war.
(c) His writing techniques.
(d) His past romances.
3. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
(a) Taking drugs.
4. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
(a) He despises her.
(b) He is not very impressed.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is jealous of her.
5. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When he can't figure out what to do next.
(b) When he knows what will happen next.
(c) When it gets too boring.
(d) When he starts to feel rushed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
2. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
4. Where is the newspaper located that Hemingway writes for?
5. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)