|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through People of the Seine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous person does Hemingway hope to see in Sylvia's shop?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Ezra Pound.
2. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) It smells too strong for him.
(b) He does not have the time.
(c) He does not like fish enough.
(d) It is not a good paying job.
3. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Park benches.
(b) The train station.
(c) Empty hotel rooms.
(d) Abandoned houses.
4. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) The war.
(b) Strange women.
(d) Bad weather.
5. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway define his friendship with Stein?
2. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
3. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
4. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
5. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)