|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through People of the Seine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is obscene.
(b) It is stale.
(c) It is abstract.
(d) It is predictable.
2. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
(a) The Needed Generation.
(b) The Missing Generation.
(c) The Angry Generation.
(d) The Lost Generation.
3. What is Gertrude's last name?
4. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
5. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His past romances.
(b) His writing techniques.
(c) Stories from the war.
(d) His journalism travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is Hemingway's favorite artist?
3. Why does Hemingway feel the way he does when he first enters Sylvia's store?
4. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
5. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)