|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through People of the Seine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He refused to publish her work.
(b) He broke one of her chairs.
(c) He was rude to her lover.
(d) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
2. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She has already read them.
(b) She does not need the money.
(c) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(d) She is poor.
3. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
4. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
5. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
(a) The Missing Generation.
(b) The Lost Generation.
(c) The Angry Generation.
(d) The Needed Generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
2. What does Sylvia Beach decorate her store with?
3. What does Hemingway NOT do after his tender chat about love with his wife?
4. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
5. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)