|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through People of the Seine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
(a) The Lost Generation.
(b) The Needed Generation.
(c) The Angry Generation.
(d) The Missing Generation.
2. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
(a) Crepes and seltzer.
(c) Bread and wine.
3. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He refused to publish her work.
(b) He was rude to her lover.
(c) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
(d) He broke one of her chairs.
4. How does Hemingway define his friendship with Stein?
5. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) Things he knows.
(b) People he has known.
(c) Things he has done.
(d) Things he wishes he could do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say he did not have enough money for?
2. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
3. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
4. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
5. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)