|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Une Generation Perdue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Gin and Tonic.
(b) A rum.
2. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
(c) Taking drugs.
3. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The coldness.
(b) The strange people.
(c) The hills.
(d) The language.
4. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He was rude to her lover.
(b) He refused to publish her work.
(c) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
(d) He broke one of her chairs.
5. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) Their parents.
(b) The war.
(c) Their schooling.
(d) Their poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
2. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
3. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
4. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
5. What kind of car does Stein drive?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)