|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Une Generation Perdue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel when he finishes a story?
(a) Satisfied and bored.
(b) Angry and alone.
(c) Lonely and afraid.
(d) Happy and sad.
2. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
(c) Hemingway's wife.
3. What kind of car does Stein drive?
(a) Toyota Corolla.
(b) Model T.
(c) VW Station wagon.
(d) Old Buick.
4. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
(a) He dislikes the smell.
(b) The food is kind of expensive.
(c) He does not speak French.
(d) It is very crowded.
5. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is abstract.
(b) It is obscene.
(c) It is predictable.
(d) It is stale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
2. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
3. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
4. Where is the newspaper located that Hemingway writes for?
5. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)