|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Une Generation Perdue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A gust of wind.
(b) A man singing.
(c) A pretty girl.
(d) A knocking on his door.
2. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
3. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
(d) Hemingway's wife.
4. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His journalism travels.
(b) His writing techniques.
(c) His past romances.
(d) Stories from the war.
5. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A park bench.
(d) His restroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
2. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
3. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
4. What does Hemingway feel his writing will become?
5. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)