|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Une Generation Perdue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway define his friendship with Stein?
2. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) The war.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) Strange women.
3. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
(b) He was rude to her lover.
(c) He refused to publish her work.
(d) He broke one of her chairs.
4. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Take drugs.
(c) Leave Paris.
(d) Spend time with his family.
5. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
(c) Take pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
2. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
3. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
4. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)