|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Une Generation Perdue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
2. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is obscene.
(b) It is abstract.
(c) It is predictable.
(d) It is stale.
3. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
(a) Her personal view of the author.
(b) What their stance on Homosexuality.
(c) How much better than her they are.
(d) How closesly the style mirrors her own.
4. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When he can't figure out what to do next.
(b) When he knows what will happen next.
(c) When he starts to feel rushed.
(d) When it gets too boring.
5. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) Things he has done.
(b) Things he wishes he could do.
(c) People he has known.
(d) Things he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
2. What doesHemingway do every day during his winter vacation?
3. Where will Hemingway and his family spend the winter?
4. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
5. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)