|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Une Generation Perdue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the newspaper located that Hemingway writes for?
2. When does Hemingway stop writing for the day?
(a) When he knows what will happen next.
(b) When he starts to feel rushed.
(c) When it gets too boring.
(d) When he can't figure out what to do next.
3. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
(a) How much better than her they are.
(b) Her personal view of the author.
(c) What their stance on Homosexuality.
(d) How closesly the style mirrors her own.
4. What is Gertrude's last name?
5. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A gust of wind.
(b) A man singing.
(c) A knocking on his door.
(d) A pretty girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
2. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
3. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
4. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
5. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)