|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Une Generation Perdue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He was rude to her lover.
(b) He broke one of her chairs.
(c) He refused to publish her work.
(d) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
2. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
(a) Personal details.
(b) Biographical sketches.
(c) Things the public won't understand.
(d) Things that can't be published.
3. Where is the newspaper located that Hemingway writes for?
4. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) Things he wishes he could do.
(b) People he has known.
(c) Things he has done.
(d) Things he knows.
5. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Gin and Tonic.
(d) A rum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
2. Where does Hemingway get a lot of inspiration?
3. What does Hemingway compare finishing a story to?
4. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
5. Who is Hemingway's favorite artist?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)