Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ford Madox Ford and the Devil's Disciple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sold at Lipp's?
2. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Seine.
(c) The Danube.
(d) The Snake.
3. What does Gertrude think of the story 'Up in Michigan'?
(a) It is obscene.
(b) It is predictable.
(c) It is stale.
(d) It is abstract.
4. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
(a) Goes on walks.
(b) Reads books.
(d) Visits museums.
5. What does Hemingway lie to Hadley about while he is hungry?
(a) Eating lunch with friends.
(b) Getting a paycheck soon.
(c) Meeting with male friends.
(d) The amount in the bank account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
2. What does Ford chastise Hemingway for while they sit together at a cafe?
3. How many race tracks does Hemingway switch off between?
4. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
5. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)