Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through People of the Seine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Abandoned houses.
(b) Park benches.
(c) The train station.
(d) Empty hotel rooms.
2. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
3. What must Hemingway do in order to write about Paris?
(a) Spend time with his family.
(b) Leave Paris.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Take drugs.
4. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The language.
(b) The hills.
(c) The coldness.
(d) The strange people.
5. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
(a) In urban areas.
(b) Near the ocean.
(c) In universities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
2. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
3. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
4. How does Sylvia treat Hemingway?
5. How does Hemingway describe the part of Paris that he and his family lived in?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)