|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Une Generation Perdue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
(a) How much better than her they are.
(b) Her personal view of the author.
(c) How closesly the style mirrors her own.
(d) What their stance on Homosexuality.
2. What does Hemingway want to write stories about?
(a) Things he wishes he could do.
(b) Things he knows.
(c) People he has known.
(d) Things he has done.
3. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A gust of wind.
(b) A man singing.
(c) A knocking on his door.
(d) A pretty girl.
4. How does Hemingway feel when he finishes a story?
(a) Angry and alone.
(b) Satisfied and bored.
(c) Lonely and afraid.
(d) Happy and sad.
5. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
(a) He is jealous of her.
(b) He is not very impressed.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He despises her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
2. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
3. What is Gertrude's last name?
4. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
5. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)