|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scott Fitzgerald.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Hemingway's jobs does he quit first?
(c) Short stories.
(d) Writing obituaries.
2. Why does Hemingway want to leave Stein's house before she leaves on her vacation?
(a) He heard her having a fight.
(b) He wanted to be with his wife.
(c) He was disgusted by the maid.
(d) He didn't like what she said.
3. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
(b) Hemingway's wife.
4. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
5. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) He has been dreaming about this.
(b) He does not deserve it.
(c) It is about time someone recognized him.
(d) Walsh is a conman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sold at Lipp's?
2. Where does Hemingway hope his stories will be sold one day?
3. What does Hemingway say heightens his perception of the paintings in the museum?
4. What does Fitzgerald say when he first meets Hemingway?
5. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)