|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scott Fitzgerald.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) The war.
(b) Their poverty.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their schooling.
2. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
3. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
(a) If he had told the entire truth.
(b) If Hemingway had really blown up.
(c) If he had done what he wanted.
(d) If the man had become a well-known critic.
4. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
(a) Biographical sketches.
(b) Personal details.
(c) Things the public won't understand.
(d) Things that can't be published.
5. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dunning climb to after he returns from the asylum?
2. What does Hemingway's wife usually do during the early mornings?
3. What does Hemingway's wife say that Hemingway often has in his life to help him?
4. What does Ford order when he sits with Hemingway at the cafe?
5. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)