|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scott Fitzgerald.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A frog.
(d) A dog.
2. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
(a) He was an officer in the army.
(b) His father was a gentleman.
(c) He attended a great university.
(d) He has lots of money.
3. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His writing techniques.
(b) His past romances.
(c) His journalism travels.
(d) Stories from the war.
4. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Never being lonely.
(b) Having a high population.
(c) Having time to read.
(d) Being immersed in culture.
5. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) It is about time someone recognized him.
(b) Walsh is a conman.
(c) He does not deserve it.
(d) He has been dreaming about this.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway like to think Cezanne felt while he was painting?
2. What is Gertrude's last name?
3. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
4. What famous person does Hemingway hope to see in Sylvia's shop?
5. What does Hemingway do to distract himself from his own writing?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)