|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scott Fitzgerald.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other kind of racing does Hemingway become involved in?
(c) Horse racing.
2. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
(a) It makes them a good income.
(b) It distracts them from fighting.
(c) It gives Hadley something to look forward to.
(d) It does not come between him and his wife.
3. How does Hemingway feel when he first enters Sylvia's store?
4. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
(a) An old key.
(b) A rabbit's ear.
(c) His wife's scarf.
(d) A horse chestnut.
5. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
(a) You have to bet to enjoy it.
(b) He has lost a lot of money there.
(c) The races are too short.
(d) He thinks the horses are badly treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
2. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
3. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
4. Where did Hemingway meet Chink?
5. What does Dunning throw at Hemingway when he visits Dunning after his episode?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)