|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scott Fitzgerald.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
2. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
(a) Taking drugs.
3. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their schooling.
(d) The war.
4. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
(a) He usually wins.
(b) He limits his spending amount.
(c) He writes about it.
(d) He bets wisely.
5. What does Hemingway make the man who interrupts him promise?
(a) To leave him alone for an hour.
(b) To not tell his friends about the cafe.
(c) To start writing again.
(d) To not come back to the cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
2. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
3. How much money was in the envelope for Hemingway at the Shakespeare and Company?
4. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
5. How does Ford say Hemingway looks when he sits with him at the cafe?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)