|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A False Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hemingway comfortable in poverty?
(a) He will get a large inheritance soon.
(b) He knows it is temporary.
(c) His wife still loves him.
(d) He loves his work.
2. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
(a) They are fish.
(b) They are nothing special.
(c) They are delicious.
(d) They are disgusting.
3. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
4. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
5. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) He does not like fish enough.
(b) It smells too strong for him.
(c) It is not a good paying job.
(d) He does not have the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
2. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
3. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
4. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
5. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)