|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A False Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Stein drive?
(a) Old Buick.
(b) VW Station wagon.
(c) Toyota Corolla.
(d) Model T.
2. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
3. Why is Hemingway comfortable in poverty?
(a) He loves his work.
(b) His wife still loves him.
(c) He knows it is temporary.
(d) He will get a large inheritance soon.
4. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
(a) How closesly the style mirrors her own.
(b) Her personal view of the author.
(c) What their stance on Homosexuality.
(d) How much better than her they are.
5. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Empty hotel rooms.
(b) The train station.
(c) Park benches.
(d) Abandoned houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertrude say Hemingway should NOT write?
2. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
3. How does Sylvia treat Hemingway?
4. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
5. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)