|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A False Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Hemingway and his wife to dinner?
(d) James Joyce.
2. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
(a) Walking people.
(b) New lovers.
(c) Birds on the statues.
3. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He was rude to her lover.
(b) He broke one of her chairs.
(c) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
(d) He refused to publish her work.
4. Who types up Gertrude's writing?
(c) Hemingway's wife.
5. What is less challenging to Hemingway in Paris after his winter vacation?
(a) The strange people.
(b) The language.
(c) The hills.
(d) The coldness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
2. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
3. What is the name of Gertrude's partner?
4. What restaurant does Hemingway take his wife to after winning at the races?
5. How many month's of savings does Hemingway's wife lose on a horse race?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)