|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scott Fitzgerald.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway think when Walsh offers him a literary award?
(a) He has been dreaming about this.
(b) Walsh is a conman.
(c) He does not deserve it.
(d) It is about time someone recognized him.
2. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
(a) It takes too much time.
(b) He loses a large sum of money.
(c) He sees that he is getting addicted.
(d) He starts making more money with his writing.
3. How does Sylvia treat Hemingway?
4. Who invites Hemingway and his wife to dinner?
(a) James Joyce.
5. How does Hemingway feel about many of Stein's new friends?
(a) He deeply admired them.
(b) He found them young and ignorant.
(c) He found them old and boring.
(d) He did not respect them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fitzgerald start to look like while he was talking to Hemingway for the first time?
2. Who else does Walsh offer the literary award to?
3. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
4. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
5. What does Stein call her companion?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)