|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) The war.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their schooling.
(d) Their poverty.
2. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
(a) He bets wisely.
(b) He writes about it.
(c) He limits his spending amount.
(d) He usually wins.
3. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Taking too long to serve him.
(b) Getting his order wrong.
(c) Giving him a bad look.
(d) Watering down his brandy.
4. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
(a) A frog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
5. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He was rude to her lover.
(b) He broke one of her chairs.
(c) He refused to publish her work.
(d) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway define his friendship with Stein?
2. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
3. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
4. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
5. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)