|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
2. What does Ford chastise Hemingway for while they sit together at a cafe?
(a) Drinking brandy.
(b) Talking too fast.
(c) Cheating on his wife.
(d) Snubbing Belloc.
3. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
(a) Crepes and seltzer.
(c) Bread and wine.
4. What does Stein think caused Hemingway's generation to be the way it is?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their schooling.
(c) Their poverty.
(d) The war.
5. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(b) She does not need the money.
(c) She has already read them.
(d) She is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
2. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
3. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
4. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
5. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)