|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
(b) Off color.
2. What is Hillaire Belloc's occupation?
3. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) It smells too strong for him.
(b) He does not like fish enough.
(c) It is not a good paying job.
(d) He does not have the time.
4. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
(a) New lovers.
(b) Birds on the statues.
(d) Walking people.
5. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
(a) He usually wins.
(b) He writes about it.
(c) He limits his spending amount.
(d) He bets wisely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
2. Who introduces Hemingway to many famous authors and artists?
3. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
4. What kind of car does Stein drive?
5. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)