|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Hemingway's racing stories survive?
2. What author does Stein recommend that Hemingway read?
3. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
(a) He was an officer in the army.
(b) He attended a great university.
(c) He has lots of money.
(d) His father was a gentleman.
4. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
(a) Top hat.
(b) Woman's bracelet.
(d) Frilly collar.
5. What does Stein like Hemingway to talk about?
(a) His journalism travels.
(b) Stories from the war.
(c) His writing techniques.
(d) His past romances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
2. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
3. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
4. What is Ford's occupation?
5. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)