|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A bank.
(c) A school.
(d) A bar.
2. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
(b) Woman's bracelet.
(c) Frilly collar.
(d) Top hat.
3. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
(a) He broke one of her chairs.
(b) He refused to publish her work.
(c) He was rude to her lover.
(d) He spilled coffee on her tablecloth.
4. How does Hemingway define his friendship with Stein?
5. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
(a) He thinks the horses are badly treated.
(b) He has lost a lot of money there.
(c) You have to bet to enjoy it.
(d) The races are too short.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
2. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
3. Why does Hemingway know where Ford's party is being held?
4. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
5. What is Ford's occupation?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)