|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
(a) They are nothing special.
(b) They are disgusting.
(c) They are delicious.
(d) They are fish.
2. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
(a) He thinks the horses are badly treated.
(b) He has lost a lot of money there.
(c) You have to bet to enjoy it.
(d) The races are too short.
3. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
4. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
5. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) It is not a good paying job.
(b) He does not like fish enough.
(c) It smells too strong for him.
(d) He does not have the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
2. What kind of car does Stein drive?
3. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
4. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
5. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)