|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ford's occupation?
2. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
3. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
(a) He loses a large sum of money.
(b) It takes too much time.
(c) He starts making more money with his writing.
(d) He sees that he is getting addicted.
4. What does Ford chastise Hemingway for while they sit together at a cafe?
(a) Talking too fast.
(b) Snubbing Belloc.
(c) Cheating on his wife.
(d) Drinking brandy.
5. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
(a) The Danube.
(b) The Seine.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stein dislike Ezra Pound?
2. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
3. How many of Hemingway's racing stories survive?
4. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
5. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)