|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
2. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A bank.
(c) A bar.
(d) A school.
3. Why does Mike NOT like horse racing?
(a) You have to bet to enjoy it.
(b) He thinks the horses are badly treated.
(c) The races are too short.
(d) He has lost a lot of money there.
4. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
5. Why does Hemingway try to be kind to Lewis even though he dislikes him?
(a) He is an influential publisher.
(b) He is a great writer.
(c) He is his elder.
(d) He is Ezra's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Stein drive?
2. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
3. Why does Hemingway stop betting at the race track?
4. What kind of people used to frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
5. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)