|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway justify his time at the race track?
(a) He bets wisely.
(b) He writes about it.
(c) He usually wins.
(d) He limits his spending amount.
2. What is the name of Ezra Pound's wife?
3. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
(a) He was an officer in the army.
(b) He has lots of money.
(c) His father was a gentleman.
(d) He attended a great university.
4. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Danube.
(c) The Seine.
(d) The Snake.
5. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
(a) A school.
(b) A bar.
(c) A bank.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hemingway put his racing budget?
2. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
3. How does Hemingway feel about the author that Stein recommends to him?
4. Why does Hemingway know where Ford's party is being held?
5. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)