|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
2. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
(a) The Lost Generation.
(b) The Angry Generation.
(c) The Missing Generation.
(d) The Needed Generation.
3. Why does Hemingway know where Ford's party is being held?
(a) He has attended parties there before.
(b) He walks by it daily.
(c) He has heard of it before.
(d) He lived above it.
4. What does Ford accuse his waiter of doing while he is with Hemingway at the cafe?
(a) Taking too long to serve him.
(b) Giving him a bad look.
(c) Getting his order wrong.
(d) Watering down his brandy.
5. Why does Ford say he is a gentleman?
(a) He has lots of money.
(b) His father was a gentleman.
(c) He was an officer in the army.
(d) He attended a great university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ford's occupation?
2. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
3. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
4. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
5. How many of Hemingway's racing stories survive?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)