|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hadley always feel at the racetrack?
(d) Full of life.
2. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
3. What does Hemingway say is the best thing about his times at the racetrack?
(a) It gives Hadley something to look forward to.
(b) It does not come between him and his wife.
(c) It makes them a good income.
(d) It distracts them from fighting.
4. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She does not need the money.
(b) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(c) She has already read them.
(d) She is poor.
5. What does Stein base her literary tastes on?
(a) How closesly the style mirrors her own.
(b) What their stance on Homosexuality.
(c) Her personal view of the author.
(d) How much better than her they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Hemingway say certain races have to be written in?
2. What word does Hemingway use to describe Lewis's personality?
3. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
4. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
5. Where does Hemingway spend the money he was going to give to Bel Esprit?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)