Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Pound and his Bel Esprit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford chastise Hemingway for while they sit together at a cafe?
(a) Drinking brandy.
(b) Cheating on his wife.
(c) Snubbing Belloc.
(d) Talking too fast.
2. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) He does not have the time.
(b) He does not like fish enough.
(c) It smells too strong for him.
(d) It is not a good paying job.
3. What does Stein call Hemingway's generation?
(a) The Needed Generation.
(b) The Missing Generation.
(c) The Lost Generation.
(d) The Angry Generation.
4. What bad habit does Stein think Hemingway takes to the extreme?
(a) Taking drugs.
5. What is Ford's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did T.S. Elliot work before he became a great writer?
2. What odd article of clothing was Belloc wearing when Hemingway first saw him?
3. What does Hemingway like to sit under at his favorite cafe?
4. What animal does Hemingway compare Wyndham Lewis to?
5. What kind of people now frequent Hemingway's favorite cafe?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)