|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Not wearing warm clothes.
(b) Being too thin.
(c) Cheating on his wife.
(d) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
2. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
3. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
(a) That he is in the time and place of the story.
(b) That he is a king with no worries.
(c) That his life depends on the writing.
(d) That he will make a fortune off of the story.
4. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She does not need the money.
(b) She has already read them.
(c) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(d) She is poor.
5. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
(a) If Hemingway had really blown up.
(b) If he had done what he wanted.
(c) If the man had become a well-known critic.
(d) If he had told the entire truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
2. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
3. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
4. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
5. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)