|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
(a) Cheating on his wife.
(b) Not wearing warm clothes.
(c) Ordering whiskey so early in the day.
(d) Being too thin.
2. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
(a) A long word.
(b) A grumble.
(c) Their opinion.
(d) Their name.
3. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) Hemingway's house.
(b) Ezra Pound's studio.
(c) A museum.
(d) A cafe.
4. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
5. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
(a) If the man had become a well-known critic.
(b) If he had told the entire truth.
(c) If he had done what he wanted.
(d) If Hemingway had really blown up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
2. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
3. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
4. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
5. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)