|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She has already read them.
(b) She does not need the money.
(c) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(d) She is poor.
2. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
3. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
4. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
(a) If Hemingway had really blown up.
(b) If he had told the entire truth.
(c) If he had done what he wanted.
(d) If the man had become a well-known critic.
5. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
(a) A long word.
(b) A grumble.
(c) Their name.
(d) Their opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway like to write in?
2. What does Hemingway make the man who interrupts him promise?
3. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
4. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
5. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)