|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) It is not a good paying job.
(b) He does not like fish enough.
(c) It smells too strong for him.
(d) He does not have the time.
2. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Having time to read.
(b) Having a high population.
(c) Being immersed in culture.
(d) Never being lonely.
3. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
(a) A rabbit's ear.
(b) A horse chestnut.
(c) An old key.
(d) His wife's scarf.
4. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) Hemingway's house.
(b) Ezra Pound's studio.
(c) A museum.
(d) A cafe.
5. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway like to write in?
2. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
3. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
4. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
5. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)