|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
(c) Bread and wine.
(d) Crepes and seltzer.
2. What does Hemingway like to write in?
(d) Old books.
3. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
4. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
5. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
(a) If he had done what he wanted.
(b) If he had told the entire truth.
(c) If Hemingway had really blown up.
(d) If the man had become a well-known critic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway say he feels about the privacy at his cafe?
2. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
3. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
4. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
5. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)