|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
(a) They are disgusting.
(b) They are delicious.
(c) They are nothing special.
(d) They are fish.
2. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
3. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
4. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She does not need the money.
(b) She has already read them.
(c) She is poor.
(d) She has no idea if they are valuable.
5. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
(b) In universities.
(c) In urban areas.
(d) Near the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does Hemingway love to walk by?
2. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
3. What does Hemingway like to watch while he reads?
4. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
5. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)