|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
2. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
(a) Another cafe.
(b) A library.
(c) Shakespeare and Company.
(d) His house.
3. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
(c) Crepes and seltzer.
(d) Bread and wine.
4. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) The train station.
(b) Park benches.
(c) Empty hotel rooms.
(d) Abandoned houses.
5. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) He does not have the time.
(b) It smells too strong for him.
(c) It is not a good paying job.
(d) He does not like fish enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
2. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
3. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
4. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
5. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)