|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
2. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
(a) That his life depends on the writing.
(b) That he will make a fortune off of the story.
(c) That he is a king with no worries.
(d) That he is in the time and place of the story.
3. What does Hemingway carry for luck?
(a) A rabbit's ear.
(b) His wife's scarf.
(c) An old key.
(d) A horse chestnut.
4. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
(a) He does not have the time.
(b) He does not like fish enough.
(c) It smells too strong for him.
(d) It is not a good paying job.
5. What kind of poles do the Paris fishermen use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
2. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
3. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
4. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
5. What word does the man who interrupts Hemingway use to describe Hemingway's writing?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)