|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
(a) If he had told the entire truth.
(b) If he had done what he wanted.
(c) If Hemingway had really blown up.
(d) If the man had become a well-known critic.
2. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
3. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
4. How does Hemingway feel when his writing gets interrupted?
5. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
(a) That his life depends on the writing.
(b) That he is in the time and place of the story.
(c) That he will make a fortune off of the story.
(d) That he is a king with no worries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do most of Hemingway's stories take place?
2. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
3. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
4. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
5. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)