|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Being immersed in culture.
(b) Having time to read.
(c) Never being lonely.
(d) Having a high population.
2. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
(a) They are fish.
(b) They are disgusting.
(c) They are nothing special.
(d) They are delicious.
3. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
4. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
5. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
(a) She does not need the money.
(b) She has no idea if they are valuable.
(c) She has already read them.
(d) She is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway like to write in?
2. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
3. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
4. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
5. What does Hemingway eat while he reads?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)