|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say would make the story about the interruption more interesting?
(a) If he had done what he wanted.
(b) If he had told the entire truth.
(c) If the man had become a well-known critic.
(d) If Hemingway had really blown up.
2. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
3. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
4. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
5. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
(a) That he will make a fortune off of the story.
(b) That his life depends on the writing.
(c) That he is a king with no worries.
(d) That he is in the time and place of the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
2. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
3. What does Hemingway scold Shipman for when they first meet in Paris?
4. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
5. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)