|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway feel about the fish caught in Paris?
(a) They are disgusting.
(b) They are nothing special.
(c) They are fish.
(d) They are delicious.
2. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
(a) A grumble.
(b) Their name.
(c) Their opinion.
(d) A long word.
3. What kind of authors does Pound tell Hemingway to read?
4. Where do most book vendors find their books to sell?
(a) Park benches.
(b) Abandoned houses.
(c) The train station.
(d) Empty hotel rooms.
5. What kind of books does Hemingway love to find on his walks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway say he does not fish himself?
2. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
3. Why does one woman always sell her books cheaply?
4. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
5. What is Hemingway's favorite season in Paris?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)