One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evan Shipman at the Lilas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say the great treasure of living in Paris is?
(a) Having time to read.
(b) Having a high population.
(c) Being immersed in culture.
(d) Never being lonely.
2. What does Hemingway like to imagine while he writes?
(a) That he is in the time and place of the story.
(b) That he will make a fortune off of the story.
(c) That his life depends on the writing.
(d) That he is a king with no worries.
3. What kind of fish do the Paris fishermen catch?
4. Where does Evan Shipman meet Hemingway in Paris?
(a) Hemingway's house.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Ezra Pound's studio.
(d) A museum.
5. What does Hemingway say all critics start every sentence with?
(a) Their opinion.
(b) Their name.
(c) A long word.
(d) A grumble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waiter who serves Hemingway and Shipman?
2. What kind of books did Hemingway read when he first joined Shakespeare and Company?
3. What does Hemingway say the man who interrupts him should be for a living?
4. What is the current occupation of the man who interrupts Hemingway at the cafe?
5. Where does Hemingway work the day after he is interrupted?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)