A Good Cafe on the Place St.-Michel
1. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(b) The war.
(c) Strange women.
(d) Bad weather.
2. Where is Hemingway at the beginning of the book?
(a) New York.
(d) St. Petersburg.
3. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
(a) The food is kind of expensive.
(b) He dislikes the smell.
(c) He does not speak French.
(d) It is very crowded.
4. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
(a) A park bench.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A cafe.
(d) His restroom.
5. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
6. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(c) Gin and Tonic.
(d) A rum.
7. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A man singing.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) A knocking on his door.
(d) A gust of wind.
This section contains 3,553 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)