A Good Cafe on the Place St.-Michel
1. What does Hemingway talk about at the beginning of the book?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) The war.
(c) Strange women.
2. Where is Hemingway at the beginning of the book?
(b) St. Petersburg.
(c) New York.
3. Why does Hemingway avoid the Cafe De Amateurs?
(a) The food is kind of expensive.
(b) It is very crowded.
(c) He does not speak French.
(d) He dislikes the smell.
4. Where does Hemingway do much of his writing?
(a) A cafe.
(b) His restroom.
(c) A park bench.
(d) A hotel room.
5. Where does the story that Hemingway is writing at the beginning of the book take place?
6. What does Hemingway order for himself while he is writing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Gin and Tonic.
(c) A rum.
7. What distracts Hemingway from his writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A knocking on his door.
(b) A man singing.
(c) A gust of wind.
(d) A pretty girl.
This section contains 3,553 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)