A Good Cafe on the Place St.-Michel
• Hemingway comments on the cold weather that makes Paris cold and dreary.
• He rents a hotel room where he does some of his writing. He knows the room would be cold that day, so he goes to a cafe instead.
• Hemingway orders some rum and writes. The story comes easily, and he is only distracted by a pretty girl.
• He finishes his story about Michigan. He thinks about his family living in the mountains for the winter. His wife is excited about the change.
• Hemingway write stories for a Toronto newspaper, but wants to write fiction stories. He can't write about places he currently lives.
Miss Stein Instructs
• Hemingway comes back to Paris and feels refreshed from his vacation. He hiked everday, and the Paris hills are no longer a challenge to him.
• Hemingway writes well and easily now. He...
This section contains 2,227 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)