|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Cadfael notice about the ground beside Rhisiart's body?
2. Who is Sioned supposed to marry?
3. Why is Prior Robert ecstatic about the dream of Winifred?
4. What does the Welsh girl do after she speaks to Brother Cadfael about the monks' mission?
5. Whom does Father Huw tell Prior Robert that the saints live to honor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Contrast Engelard's views on running away from Rhisiart's murder scene with Peredur's reaction to running away.
2. How does Brother Cadfael demonstrate his cleverness when speaking to Abbot Heribert about the expedition to obtain St. Winifred's bones?
3. What is the relationship between Engelard and Rhisiart?
4. What does Brother Cadfael confide to Cal regarding the transfer of St. Winifred to Shrewsbury?
5. How does Brother Jerome's dream of Winifred benefit Brother Columbanus?
6. What is Father Huw's news after he meets with the heads of the parish?
7. What do we learn about Prior Robert from his behavior toward the townspeople of Gwytherin as he tries to get his proposal approved?
8. What is the expectation of the Welsh people of Gwytherin regarding murder?
9. What do Rhisiart and the townspeople believe about Prior Robert's proposal and how does Prior Robert respond?
10. What is Father Huw's role in the discussion regarding Prior Robert's proposal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although A Morbid Taste for Bones: A Mediaeval Whodunnit takes place in the 12th century, there are topics described in the story that are still relevant today. Describe a conflict, theme, or issue from A Morbid Taste for Bones: A Mediaeval Whodunnit that is common to all people. Give examples from the story and current events to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Name a character, other than the main characters, who is important to the story. Why is the character important? Could the story have been written without this character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is stronger in A Morbid Taste for Bones: A Mediaeval Whodunnit--plot development or character development? Why? Give examples from the story to explain your answer. Do you think the author did this intentionally? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)