|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Prior Robert and the other brothers gathered when Sioned and her servants approach?
(a) Inside St. Winifred's chapel.
(b) In Bened's home.
(c) At the scene of Rhisiart's murder.
(d) St. Winifred's grave.
2. The day after Bened brings news of Gwytherin to Brother Cadfael, in addition to Prior Robert, whom else does he greet?
(a) Brother John.
(b) Brother Richard.
(c) Brother Jerome.
(d) Abbot Heribert.
3. What keeps the people from making Brother Columbanus a saint?
(a) His admission of guilt.
(b) They are permitted to keep the remains of only one saint at the abbey.
(c) They have no relic of him.
(d) His family will not allow it.
4. Who changes his mind and allows Peredur to join the procession to St. Winifred's chapel?
(a) Peredur's mother.
(b) Father Huw.
(d) Prior Robert.
5. Who is Engelard's new lord?
(a) Brother Cadfael.
(c) Sioned's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Peredur walk in the procession to St. Winifred's chapel?
2. What news does Bened bring to Brother Cadfael about Brother John and Annest?
3. Where is Brother Columbanus when he awakens to a soft voice calling out to him?
4. What event does Prior Robert not allow to bother him now that he believes his mission was successful?
5. How does Sioned feel, knowing that Peredur did not murder her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brother Cadfael believe about St. Winifred when Sioned tells him why she deviated from the plan to get Brother Columbanus to confess to her father's murder?
2. How do Father Huw, Brother Richard, Brother Jerome, and Brother Columbanus fare with Brother Cadfael's plan to trap Rhisiart's murderer?
3. Contrast Brother Cadfael's opinion of women with the medieval opinion of women, as represented by Father Huw.
4. What are the results when Sioned strays from the plan to test Brother Columbanus to see if he killed Rhisiart?
5. What does Brother Cadfael do to manage Prior Robert when Bened tells of the miracles occurring at St. Winifred's former grave?
6. What is Brother Cadafel's plan to handle the situation involving St. Winifred's remains and Brother Columbanus' body?
7. How does Brother Cadfael capitalize on the people's faith and belief in miracles when he conceals Brother Columbanus' death?
8. What is Peredur's confession at Rhisiart's funeral?
9. Contrast Brother Cadfael's thoughts about St. Winifred and Prince Cradoc with those of the community regarding St. Winifred and Prince Cradoc.
10. What is the dilemma faced by Brother Cadfael regarding Brother Columbanus being found guilty or not guilty of murdering Rhisiart?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)