|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Prior Robert say has approved his mission to Gwytherin?
(a) Bishop David and Prince Owain.
(b) All of Prior Robert's followers.
(c) The townspeople.
2. How does Prior Robert feel when Sioned tells him about the last time she saw Rhisiart?
3. Why is Brother Cadfael skeptical when Prior Robert claims that it is a miracle when St. Winifred leads him to her grave?
(a) Brother Cadfael dioesn't believe in miracles.
(b) Prior Robert could have found his way to her grave earlier.
(c) St. Winifred's grave is marked with the largest stone in the graveyard.
(d) Prior Robert claims that everything is a miracle.
4. Why does Prior Robert send the men to St. Winifred's chapel?
(a) To steal St. Winifred's bones.
(b) To pray for their cause.
(c) To escort Rhisiart to the meeting.
(d) To cast them as suspects in a murder.
5. Who is Sioned supposed to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the heads of the parish want Prior Robert to take St. Winifred's remains?
2. What is the problem with Engelard's alibi when Rhisiart was killed?
3. Why does Rhisiart agree not to tell the townspeople that Prior Robert tried to bribe him?
4. Why is Prior Robert ecstatic about the dream of Winifred?
5. What does Brother Cadfael notice about the arrow sticking out of Rhisiart's chest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Prior Robert attempt to get Rhisiart to agree to his proposal during the private discussion away from the public meeting?
2. At the end of Chapter 4, after Rhisiart's death, who are the suspects and why?
3. What are Father Huw's views on the approval of Prior Robert's proposal by Bishop David and Prince Owain and the approval of the townspeople?
4. How does Prior Robert try to avoid a debate with Father Huw regarding Prior Robert's proposal?
5. What do we learn about Brother John from his reaction to Prior Robert's desire to obtain relics for the abbey?
6. The morning after Rhisiart's murder, why does Brother Columbanus look withdrawn and distracted?
7. What does Brother Cadfael confide to Cal regarding the transfer of St. Winifred to Shrewsbury?
8. What is the relationship between Engelard and Rhisiart?
9. What is Brother Cadfael's explanation about holy men when Bened expresses confusion about who may have killed Rhisiart?
10. How do Rhisiart and Sioned treat each other, especially regarding marriage?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)