|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sioned want to do when she first reaches the murder scene of her father?
(a) Throw herself on her father's body.
(b) Run and hide.
(c) Kill Prior Robert.
(d) Pray and meditate.
2. What does Prior Robert discover about Brother Columbanus after Brother Columbanus returns from the spring at Holywell?
(a) Brother Columbanus is cured.
(b) Brother Columbanus is now a saint.
(c) Brother Columbanus can see into the future.
(d) Brother Columbanus can live forever.
3. Why does Prior Robert think the journey to Gwytherin proceeded so smoothly?
(a) Brother Cadfael and Brother John were integral to the success of the journey.
(b) Prior Robert commends himself for planning the trip so well.
(c) Abbot Heribert accompanies them.
(d) Divine intervention.
4. What is the occupation of the man that the Welsh girl meets?
5. What happens to Prince Cradoc after he cuts off Winifred's head?
(a) He melts into the ground.
(b) He disappears in a puff of smoke.
(c) He becomes deeply depressed.
(d) He becomes king.
6. After Brother John grabs the leg of the man who chases Engelard, who is furious with Brother John?
(a) Prior Robert.
(b) Brother Cadfael.
7. Why does the Welsh girl who meets Brother Cadfael become nervous when he speaks to her?
(a) Her boyfriend is standing behind Brother Cadfael.
(b) The English are looked upon with suspicion.
(c) She doesn't understand English.
(d) He speaks Welsh.
8. Who finds Rhisiart's dead body?
(a) Prior Robert.
9. According to Prior Robert, why is it important for the abbey to obtain a relic?
(a) The relic will help attract tourists to the abbey, which will help them make money.
(b) Every other abbey has a relic.
(c) To bring prestige to the abbey.
(d) It is the next step in the process for having the abbey declared a shrine.
10. How does Engelard become a suspect in Rhisiart's murder?
(a) He runs from the murder scene.
(b) His arrow killed Rhisiart.
(c) He acts nervous when he is questioned.
(d) A witness saw Engelard with Rhisiart shortly before Rhisiart's body was found.
11. What is the nature of the message Brother Cadfael relays to Peredur from Sioned?
(b) Agreement to marriage.
12. For what reason does Prior Robert think that Rhisiart didn't come to their meeting to work out their differences?
(a) He is afraid of St. Winifred's wrath.
(b) Something terrible must have happened.
(c) The weather is causing his delay.
(d) He decided to accept Prior Robert's bribe.
13. Who does Prior Robert say has approved his mission to Gwytherin?
(b) The townspeople.
(c) All of Prior Robert's followers.
(d) Bishop David and Prince Owain.
14. What is "falling sickness"?
(a) Dizzy spells.
(c) Frequent fainting spells.
(d) Frequent seizures.
15. What does Father Huw warn Prior Robert about regarding the approval of his proposal?
(a) God will punish Prior Robert for his selfishness.
(b) The townspeople will probably not approve.
(c) Bishop David and Prince Owain will probably not approve.
(d) Prior Robert's followers are likely to turn against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Cadfael realize when Prior Robert tries to bribe Rhisiart to get him to approve his proposal?
2. What does Brother Columbanus say is the only thing he will take in until they accomplish their goal?
3. What does Prior Robert do when the monks arrive in Gwytherin?
4. Regarding Rhisiart's murder, what do Bened and the townspeople believe about the monks?
5. Why does Brother Cadfael believe Cal remains quiet about Sioned's feelings of love?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)