|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with Brother Jerome, whom does Prior Robert send to St. Winifred's chapel?
(a) Brother Richard.
(b) Father Huw.
(c) Brother Cadfael.
(d) Brother Columbanus.
2. How does the Welsh girl react when Brother Cadfael tells her about the purpose of the monks' visit?
(a) With anger.
(b) With fright.
(c) With surprise.
(d) With joy.
3. Where is Brother Cadfael working when he is called for mass?
(a) In the monastery garden.
(b) In the church sanctuary.
(c) In the monastery kitchen.
(d) In the monastery library.
4. What does Brother Cadfael notice about the ground beside Rhisiart's body?
(a) It is dry.
(b) It has been swept clean of footprints.
(c) It has ruts in it.
(d) It is wet.
5. How does Prior Robert feel about the abbot's decision to allow Brother Cadfael and Brother John to accompany him to Gwytherin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople decide to do with Engelard until a law official arrives to investigate Rhisiart's death?
2. What does Brother Cadfael tell Sioned at the site of Rhisiart's murder?
3. What happens to Prince Cradoc after he cuts off Winifred's head?
4. What weapon is Engelard an expert at using?
5. What is the problem with Engelard's alibi when Rhisiart was killed?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)