|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Welsh girl who meets Brother Cadfael become nervous when he speaks to her?
(a) She doesn't understand English.
(b) The English are looked upon with suspicion.
(c) He speaks Welsh.
(d) Her boyfriend is standing behind Brother Cadfael.
2. What is Engelard's alibi when Rhisiart was killed?
(a) Engelard went for a ride on his horse.
(b) Engelard was at a prayer sevice at St. Winifred's chapel.
(c) Engelard was picking up supplies in a nearby town.
(d) Engelard was tending to the births of two calves.
3. What is Prior Robert's tone of voice when he talks about acquiring a relic for the abbey?
(a) He whines.
(b) He is belligerent.
(c) He cries.
(d) He is sarcastic.
4. What is the problem with Engelard's alibi when Rhisiart was killed?
(a) The town from which Engelard claimed to get supplies is a day away from Gwytherin.
(b) There was no prayer service held at St. Winifred's chapel that day.
(c) He was alone.
(d) Engelard doesn't own a horse.
5. What weapon is Engelard an expert at using?
(a) Bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sioned and Peredur arrive, what does Sioned say Rhisiart was doing the last time she saw him?
2. After Engelard is named as a suspect in Rhisiart's murder, whom does Sioned accuse of having the strongest motive to kill her father?
3. What happens to Prince Cradoc after he cuts off Winifred's head?
4. How does the Welsh girl react when Brother Cadfael tells her about the purpose of the monks' visit?
5. How does Prior Robert feel when Sioned tells him about the last time she saw Rhisiart?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)