|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disputes Prior Robert's accusation, stating that Rhisiart may have been obstructing the plans of others?
(d) Brother John.
2. Why is Father Huw planning a meeting for the day after the monks arrive in Gwytherin?
(a) To discuss Prior Robert's proposal.
(b) To find housing for the monks.
(c) To put Prior Robert on trial.
(d) To find jobs for the monks.
3. Whom does Father Huw tell Prior Robert that the saints live to honor?
(a) The Lord.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Other saints.
4. What does Sioned want to do when she first reaches the murder scene of her father?
(a) Throw herself on her father's body.
(b) Run and hide.
(c) Kill Prior Robert.
(d) Pray and meditate.
5. Why does Prior Robert request a private meeting away from the townspeople regarding his proposal?
(a) His arguments are having no affect.
(b) The meeting with the townspeople was adjourned.
(c) He is feeling ill.
(d) He fears for his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prior Robert think the journey to Gwytherin proceeded so smoothly?
2. Who is the first to voice his opinion at the town meeting to discuss Prior Robert's proposal?
3. What does Brother Cadfael realize when Prior Robert tries to bribe Rhisiart to get him to approve his proposal?
4. During Vespers, whom does Prior Robert warn the townspeople about as a threat to get his way?
5. For what reason does Prior Robert think that Rhisiart didn't come to their meeting to work out their differences?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)