|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior Robert do when the monks arrive in Gwytherin?
(a) Insists on a time for meditation and reflection.
(b) Meets with the rulers of the territory.
(c) Explains their mission.
(d) Watches the pretty girls who pass.
2. Who has a dream about Winifred on the night Brother Columbanus suffers his "falling sickness"??
(a) Brother Cadfael.
(b) Prior Robert.
(c) Brother Columbanus.
(d) Brother Jerome.
3. What does Brother Cadfael do after Prior Robert dismisses him and Brother John after Father Huw says he will plan a meeting?
(a) Explores the area.
(b) Plays cards with Brother John.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Goes to a local tavern.
4. Where do Prior Robert and Brother Richard sleep on the night they arrive in Gwytherin?
(a) Father Huw's home.
(b) Bened's home.
(c) Rhisiart's home.
(d) Cadwallon's home.
5. How does the Welsh girl react when Brother Cadfael tells her about the purpose of the monks' visit?
(a) With anger.
(b) With joy.
(c) With fright.
(d) With surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Prior Robert's tone of voice when he talks about acquiring a relic for the abbey?
2. Who does Prior Robert assign to care for Brother Columbanus after Brother Columbanus suffers his "falling sickness"?
3. What is the occupation of the man that the Welsh girl meets?
4. What happens to Prince Cradoc after he cuts off Winifred's head?
5. Why is Prior Robert ecstatic about the dream of Winifred?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)