|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Prince Cradoc after he cuts off Winifred's head?
(a) He disappears in a puff of smoke.
(b) He becomes deeply depressed.
(c) He becomes king.
(d) He melts into the ground.
2. How does Brother Cadfael persuade Abbot Heribert that he is necessary on the expedition to Gwytherin?
(a) Brother Cadfael will acquire herbs for medicinal use.
(b) Brother Cadfael will help protect Prior Robert.
(c) Brother Cadfael will be a Welsh translator.
(d) Brother Cadfael will watch over Brother John.
3. How does Father Huw feel when he learns of the approval of Prior Robert's mission?
4. What is the relationship between Sioned and Peredur, Cadwallon's son?
(a) Good friends.
(c) They are not acquainted.
5. Who does Prior Robert ask to tell Winifred's life story?
(a) Brother Rhys.
(b) Abbot Heribert.
(c) Brother Columbanus.
(d) Brother Jerome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to voice his opinion at the town meeting to discuss Prior Robert's proposal?
2. What is special about the spring that Winifred describes in the dream?
3. What does Father Huw warn Prior Robert about regarding the approval of his proposal?
4. What is Prior Robert's tone of voice when he talks about acquiring a relic for the abbey?
5. How did Winifred spend her life?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)