|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Father Huw tell Prior Robert that the saints live to honor?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Other saints.
(d) The Lord.
2. What is "falling sickness"?
(a) Frequent fainting spells.
(b) Dizzy spells.
(d) Frequent seizures.
3. How do the townspeople treat the old man Padrig?
(a) With disgust.
(b) With caution.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) With respect.
4. Where is Brother Cadfael working when he is called for mass?
(a) In the monastery garden.
(b) In the monastery kitchen.
(c) In the monastery library.
(d) In the church sanctuary.
5. What does Father Huw offer the monks from Shrewsbury when they arrive at Gwytherin?
(b) Parcels of land.
(d) Food and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Prior Robert and Brother Richard sleep on the night they arrive in Gwytherin?
2. What does Brother Cadfael learn about the home of Bened, the town smith?
3. Who does Prior Robert assign to care for Brother Columbanus after Brother Columbanus suffers his "falling sickness"?
4. How did Winifred spend her life?
5. What is special about the spring that Winifred describes in the dream?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)