|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brother Cadfael persuade Abbot Heribert that he is necessary on the expedition to Gwytherin?
(a) Brother Cadfael will acquire herbs for medicinal use.
(b) Brother Cadfael will be a Welsh translator.
(c) Brother Cadfael will help protect Prior Robert.
(d) Brother Cadfael will watch over Brother John.
2. How does Father Huw feel when he learns of the approval of Prior Robert's mission?
3. What does Father Huw warn Prior Robert about regarding the approval of his proposal?
(a) Bishop David and Prince Owain will probably not approve.
(b) The townspeople will probably not approve.
(c) Prior Robert's followers are likely to turn against him.
(d) God will punish Prior Robert for his selfishness.
4. How does the Welsh girl react when Brother Cadfael tells her about the purpose of the monks' visit?
(a) With surprise.
(b) With anger.
(c) With joy.
(d) With fright.
5. Where does Prior Robert suggest they take Brother Columbanus after they witness his "falling sickness"?
(a) A local hospital.
(b) The monastery infirmary.
(c) The monastery garden.
(d) Columbanus' room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior Robert do when the monks arrive in Gwytherin?
2. How did Winifred spend her life?
3. What is "falling sickness"?
4. How does Prior Robert feel about the abbot's decision to allow Brother Cadfael and Brother John to accompany him to Gwytherin?
5. What happens to Prince Cradoc after he cuts off Winifred's head?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)