|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peredur do when the men try to close in on Engelard?
(a) Pushes Engelard to the ground.
(c) Slips and falls.
(d) Runs away.
2. What is the relationship between Sioned and Peredur, Cadwallon's son?
(a) They are not acquainted.
(c) Good friends.
3. Why does the Welsh girl who meets Brother Cadfael become nervous when he speaks to her?
(a) The English are looked upon with suspicion.
(b) He speaks Welsh.
(c) Her boyfriend is standing behind Brother Cadfael.
(d) She doesn't understand English.
4. What does Sioned ask Father Huw and Brother Jerome, who are holding the first vigil, to do?
(a) Place their hands on Rhisiart's heart and pray for him.
(b) Guard Rhisiart's body.
(c) Carry Rhisiart's coffin to his grave.
(d) Light a candle for everyone who visits Rhisiart's body.
5. Why does Prior Robert think the journey to Gwytherin proceeded so smoothly?
(a) Divine intervention.
(b) Brother Cadfael and Brother John were integral to the success of the journey.
(c) Prior Robert commends himself for planning the trip so well.
(d) Abbot Heribert accompanies them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Prior Robert talks about the importance of acquiring a relic for the abbey, why do the brothers run outside?
2. What does Father Huw thank Brother Cadfael for after Brother Cadfael helps Dame Branwen?
3. Who is going to help Brother John escape before Brother John can be arrested?
4. What is the occupation of the man that the Welsh girl meets?
5. What does Brother Cadfael tell Sioned about his plot to trap Brother Columbanus?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)