|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Huw feel when he learns of the approval of Prior Robert's mission?
2. How long does Prior Robert tell the men to stay at St. Winifred's chapel?
(a) Until it is completely dark outside.
(b) Unitl they hear the evening bells for Vespers.
(c) Until he calls them.
(d) Until they are sure Rhisiart isn't coming to the chapel.
3. What does Father Huw offer the monks from Shrewsbury when they arrive at Gwytherin?
(a) Food and shelter.
(c) Parcels of land.
4. After Prior Robert attempts to bribe Rhisiart to get approval for his proposal, how does Father Huw treat Prior Robert?
(a) With sympathy.
(b) With kindness.
(c) With anger.
(d) With impatience.
5. According to Cal, the ploughman, why does Bened believe he will not be able to marry Sioned?
(a) He is not handsome enough.
(b) The difference in their ages.
(c) He does not get along with Sioned's father.
(d) He does not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Padrig's occupation?
2. During Vespers, whom does Prior Robert warn the townspeople about as a threat to get his way?
3. Who does Prior Robert ask to tell Winifred's life story?
4. What is Father Huw's job in Gwytherin?
5. How does the Welsh girl react when Brother Cadfael tells her about the purpose of the monks' visit?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)