|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Prince Cradoc after he cuts off Winifred's head?
(a) He melts into the ground.
(b) He becomes king.
(c) He becomes deeply depressed.
(d) He disappears in a puff of smoke.
2. According to Prior Robert, why is it important for the abbey to obtain a relic?
(a) It is the next step in the process for having the abbey declared a shrine.
(b) Every other abbey has a relic.
(c) To bring prestige to the abbey.
(d) The relic will help attract tourists to the abbey, which will help them make money.
3. Why does Prior Robert send the men to St. Winifred's chapel?
(a) To steal St. Winifred's bones.
(b) To escort Rhisiart to the meeting.
(c) To pray for their cause.
(d) To cast them as suspects in a murder.
4. What is Father Huw's job in Gwytherin?
5. Who does Prior Robert say has approved his mission to Gwytherin?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) All of Prior Robert's followers.
(c) Bishop David and Prince Owain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Father Huw planning a meeting for the day after the monks arrive in Gwytherin?
2. Why does Brother Cadfael believe Cal remains quiet about Sioned's feelings of love?
3. Where is Brother Cadfael working when he is called for mass?
4. Why does Brother Cadfael want to become acquainted with the man whom the Welsh girl meets?
5. When he receives the invitation from Prior Robert to work out their differences, what does Rhisiart say about threats and bribes?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)