|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Prior Robert tell the men to stay at St. Winifred's chapel?
(a) Until they are sure Rhisiart isn't coming to the chapel.
(b) Until he calls them.
(c) Until it is completely dark outside.
(d) Unitl they hear the evening bells for Vespers.
2. What is Padrig's occupation?
(a) A bard.
(b) A landowner.
(c) An innkeeper.
(d) An ox-caller.
3. How does Prior Robert feel about the abbot's decision to allow Brother Cadfael and Brother John to accompany him to Gwytherin?
4. What excuse does Prior Robert give for not being able to help Brother Richard hold vigil on the second night?
(a) He is busy with the bailiff.
(b) The sheriff will be questioning him.
(c) He needs to meet with Prince Owain and Bishop David.
(d) He is afraid to approach Rhisiart's body.
5. How do the townspeople treat the old man Padrig?
(a) With disgust.
(b) With respect.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) With caution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Brother Cadfael and Sioned decide that it does not make sense that Rhisiart's clothing was dry on the front and wet on the back?
2. Who is the first to voice his opinion at the town meeting to discuss Prior Robert's proposal?
3. What does Brother Cadfael do after Prior Robert dismisses him and Brother John after Father Huw says he will plan a meeting?
4. Why does Brother Cadfael believe Cal remains quiet about Sioned's feelings of love?
5. Whom does Father Huw tell Prior Robert that the saints live to honor?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)