|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keach do the day after Birkin tells Alice that she is attractive?
(a) He shows up with Birkin's money.
(b) He punches Birkin in the face.
(c) He banishes Birkin from the town.
(d) He kills Birkin.
2. Why does Birkin return to the church after leaving to head home?
(a) To see the painting again.
(b) To look for Alice.
(c) To get his bedroll he forgot.
(d) To pack a lunch.
3. What do Moon and Birkin help Mossop with when they visit him in the field?
(a) The sheaves.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Building a shack.
4. How is the August weather described?
(a) As mild.
(b) As unbearably humid.
(c) As cool but humid.
(d) As hot and dry.
5. Birkin says the paint is made out of ________ materials.
(a) A variety of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do after the service Birkin attends on Sunday nights?
2. Before telling Alice that he finds her attractive, who does Birkin also say finds her attractive?
3. What symbol do Moon and Birkin find inside the tomb indicating that Miss Hebron's ancestor was a Muslim?
4. What does Birkin find out about Moon from the man he meets in Ripon who was also in the war?
5. What wakes up Birkin on Sunday mornings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Birkin's involvement in the service at Keach's church.
2. How does the artist of the original painting that Birkin is uncovering differentiate between the different castes portrayed?
3. Describe Birkin's ride home from Barton Ferry.
4. Describe the final interaction between Alice and Birkin.
5. Describe the summer in Oxgodby according to Birkin.
6. What is the relationship like between Birkin and his wife?
7. What feelings does Moon's inquiry about anything going on between Birkin and Alice trigger in Birkin?
8. Describe how Birkin feels the last time he views the painting?
9. Describe the conversation that Alice and Birkin have regarding the existence of hell.
10. Where do Moon and Birkin go to visit Mossop? What do they do there? What do they eat afterward?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)