|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Birkin tell Keach he will contact if he tries to prevent him from finishing his work?
(a) The Ellerbecks.
(b) The executors of Miss Hebron's will.
(c) The police.
2. What do Birkin and Moon have for lunch with Mossop and his wife when they go to visit?
(a) Rabbit and potato pie.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Squirrel stew.
(d) Chicken sandwiches.
3. What wakes up Birkin on Sunday mornings?
(a) The opening of the church door.
(b) Mossop ringing the church bell.
(c) Shouting in the graveyard.
(d) Alice knocking on the door..
4. How often does Birkin have dinner with the Ellerbecks?
(a) Every Sunday.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Every Wednesday.
(d) The occasional Saturday.
5. What characterizes the damned souls in the original painting?
(a) Brighter colors and more details.
(b) Cheaper materials and less details.
(c) Brighter colors and better workmanship.
(d) Cheaper materials and poorer workmanship.
6. Who greets Birkin when he arrives at the church in Barton Ferry?
(a) An old woman.
(b) The organist.
(c) A child.
(d) The preacher.
7. What do Moon and Birkin help Mossop with when they visit him in the field?
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Building a shack.
(d) The sheaves.
8. What does Birkin tell Alice that he thinks is different for different people?
9. Which of the following characteristics does not describe the portrayal that Birkin suspects might be a portrait in the larger painting?
(a) Bright red hair.
(b) The man is wearing a gold necklace.
(c) A crescent shaped scar on the man's forehead.
(d) It is more detailed than the rest of the portrayals.
10. Birkin cries that there is no what on the way home from Barton Ferry?
11. Why is Moon not allowed to go on the Sunday School treat?
(a) He is not a Christian.
(b) He lives in a tent.
(c) He does not get along with the Ellerbecks.
(d) He has not attended the church.
12. What do the families eat at the Sunday School treat?
(a) Cucumber sandwiches and tea.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs and tomato sandwiches.
(c) Cookies and punch.
(d) Rabbit legs and biscuits.
13. Who is Birkin talking about when he says, "I found it pleasantly disturbing to consider the possibility of wandering off with her to some quiet room, eating supper, taking her hand, touching her, kissing"?
14. Why doesn't Birkin pursue a romantic relationship with Alice?
(a) She is too callous.
(b) They are both married.
(c) They are not in love.
(d) He is afraid of Keach.
15. Who does Birkin attend church with and have dinner with on Sunday nights?
(a) The Cloughs.
(b) The Keaches.
(c) The Ellerbecks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alic respond after Birkin tells her that he finds her attractive?
2. How does Birkin feel about the August weather?
3. What is clutching the man in the painting whose portrayal Birkin suspects is a portrait?
4. After returning to the Ellerbecks', Birkin says he is not cut out to be what?
5. Which of the following is not part of Birkin's daily routine during the summer in Oxgodby?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)