|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Birkin's conversation with Keach, what will help or has helped Birkin decide the age of the wall painting?
(a) Carbon dating.
(b) Uncovering it.
(c) Comparing styles.
2. Who does Moon describe as "a tall drooping man, carelessly dresses, disorganized, remote"?
(a) The waiter.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The conductor.
(d) The pastor.
3. Who is Mr. Dowthwaite?
(a) The pastor at the Ellerbeck's church.
(b) Kathy's father.
(c) The superintendent of the Sunday School.
(d) The teacher at the local schoolhouse.
4. As he arrives at the church, Thomas Birkin speculates that the area has probably not seen a medieval __________ boom.
5. After Moon and Birkin meet for the first time, Birkin thinks in hindsight that Moon knows ________.
(a) Where the grave is.
(b) That Keach is having an affair.
(c) About his depression.
(d) A secret about Miss Hebron.
6. What are the "dafties" in Sunday School that Birkin is supposed to help out?
(a) The drafts from the windows.
(b) The unruly children.
(c) The pretty girls.
(d) The smart children.
7. When Birkin further questions Moon about why he is there, he says he wants to plot out where an early ___________ stood.
8. Who answers the door when Birkin arrives at Keach's house to ask for his first installment?
(a) No one.
(d) The dog.
9. What is the name of the other man who Keach tells Birkin is living at the church?
10. Why does Kathy Ellerbeck tell Birkin that she has come to visit the church?
(a) Her dad told her to bring Birkin some lunch.
(b) To set up for Sunday School.
(c) She was curious about the painting and has snuck away.
(d) Her dad told her to see how Birkin's work was coming.
11. What is Moon's tent pitched over?
(b) Flat area.
12. What is the name of the church's minister?
13. While Birkin and the Ellerbecks are visiting her, Emily Clough comments that she likes Kathy's __________.
14. What rule does Birkin tell Kathy Ellerbeck about?
(a) No one can climb the scaffolding.
(b) No one can enter his bedroom.
(c) No one can see him eat.
(d) No one can see what he is working on.
15. Who walks up while Birkin is on the ladder in the church for the first time?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Miss Hebron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Birkin respond to the invitation to Sunday School?
2. In what city does "A Month in the Country" open?
3. Whose grave is Moon looking for?
4. What factor does Birkin base his observation on that the painting must have been hidden under the paint for a long time?
5. What is Emily Clough dying of?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)